Page 1 of 2
have their guitar so ****ing high????!?!?!?! i mean look at the red chord... that dude plays like the ****in beatles did... its weird to me...
is it another cool thing everyones doing? and ur not cool unless u play like that?
orr
is it how they learned or something?
pringles was originally going to be a tennis ball company

having a penis is like having a friend who always wants to play
Because nu metal bands liked to play with their guitars at their knees.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
i play with my guitar at the same height as it is when i'm sitting down because i'm used to playing like that. and it's difficult to do really far stretches, (which my music involves) when your guitar is really low.
i dont know about you, but if i see a guitarist playing live holding it really high, i immediately dismiss them as being good, because seriously everyone knows if you look ugly, you suck.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Because it's easily to play technical stuff with your guitar higher up, easier to palm mute all the strings too. It makes it more like sitting.
Quote by jefflucas
I couldn't wait to click on this thread and see what dumbass question was being asked.

lol i was thinking the same thing.

admittedly i was hoping for something about downtuning, but this was a pleasant surprise.
Quote by jacksonassassin
have their guitar so ****ing high????!?!?!?! i mean look at the red chord... that dude plays like the ****in beatles did... its weird to me...
is it another cool thing everyones doing? and ur not cool unless u play like that?
orr
is it how they learned or something?

Why do you lick penises?
Because you touch yourself at night.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
i like how he says "most" guitarists, and only names one example.

and not a very good example as well.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Yeah really. I assume he was talking about Jonny Fay, who isn't even in the band anymore.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
maybe they were classically trained and adapted to having the guitar higher than usual
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
maybe they were classically trained and adapted to having the guitar higher than usual

if they were classically trained they wouldn't be playing hardcore now would they?
this is becuase the guy from the Red Chord, Mike "Gunface" McKenzie, was actually a deep space starship pilot, and on one particular mission he was attacked by giant space squid, who if you dont recall can shoot laser beams out of their eyes, anyways, the squid attacked the ship and destroyed all hope

thats why he wears his guitar so high
Quote by kaktusnpoop
this is becuase the guy from the Red Chord, Mike "Gunface" McKenzie, was actually a deep space starship pilot, and on one particular mission he was attacked by giant space squid, who if you dont recall can shoot laser beams out of their eyes, anyways, the squid attacked the ship and destroyed all hope

thats why he wears his guitar so high

ZOOMJG L33T PLUG!!!!

IS DAT UR NEW B4ND N4ME? U H4V3 UR GUITARZ HIGH 2????!??!111!one1
Quote by MustangMan311
Because if you wear your guitar below your waist, you're a ****ing faggot.
That's why.

Marty Friedman and Paul Gilbert wear their guitars low, and they>everyone on UG.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
it doesnt matter how high or low you play your guitar, its all about preferances. either how the way it looks or how it feels. neither way sucks
it's more comfortable. that's why
світ втомився від вас
Quote by aggiefan33
Ahhh, it all makes perfect since now! Thanks!

Quote by HuckIt
if you ask me, ppl with their guitar higher then their belt are used to play while sitting down... me personally like to wear it at my knees (or like 15 cms above) cause im used to practise standing up. I think its just a habbit. I suck when I have to play sitting down so even in guitar lessons... im the only one standing up :p
The only way yyou can call a guitarist hardcore is if he can go up and down the fretboard and make it sound good. ALSO FAST TOO! I luve fast.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Quote by Robert353
The only way yyou can call a guitarist hardcore is if he can go up and down the fretboard and make it sound good. ALSO FAST TOO! I luve fast.

your attempt at a joke failed miserably sorry
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Its obviously because super hard technical **** like the Red Chord is extremely easier to play when you're guitar is higher and it isnt dangling like an old lady's tits.

Quote by pmeg568c
i dont know about you, but if i see a guitarist playing live holding it really high, i immediately dismiss them as being good, because seriously everyone knows if you look ugly, you suck.

haha

I know you're joking but Beneath the Massacre have some pretty high strung up guitars as well.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by ironman316
it's not the hardcore thing to do, it's the grindcore thing to do. i hate grindcore.

Yeah right, wearing your strap high or low is all preference, there are guitarists from every genre that wear it really high/low and the grindcore bit is just your way of bashing a genre you don't like, they don't wear their straps any lower or higher than hardcore guitarists.
This thread=Lame in the face
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Quote by ironman316
it's not the hardcore thing to do, it's the grindcore thing to do. i hate grindcore.

You don't know grindcore.
Page 1 of 2