So, I'm soon gonna be applying to ACM for their degree course, and if I get in I'd be going there between 2008-2010. I've already been on a tour there and loved the academy. The town(Guildford) is great too.

I'd just like to hear if anyone else will be applying there too next year, or even if there is anyone already going there or any other music college/institute, and their experiences.

Cheers
alrite there steve, I just heard back that ive got myself a place on the higher diploma course, so I will be heading down there in 2008. Do you know anything about the Brighton Institute of Modern Music? (BIMM)
Cheers,
Mick
Quote by micky_dev
alrite there steve, I just heard back that ive got myself a place on the higher diploma course, so I will be heading down there in 2008. Do you know anything about the Brighton Institute of Modern Music? (BIMM)
Cheers,
Mick

Hey mate, I'm sending off my RGT (fast entry) application for the Higher Diploma course at ACM for 2008 tomorrow! Hopefully I'll see you there next year, if they like what I've written.

I don't know much about BIMM - I'm applying there, but I hear ACM is a lot better. If I get in to ACM, I'll just cancel all my UCAS **** tbh.

Do you know what you're doing for living arrangements yet?
i applied for an audtion there , a tutor called bruce dickinson gave some great advice which has stuck ever since .
if i was older when i applied for the audition i would have definately taken up a place on the course if offered, the kind of place im in now is more to apply as a tutor !
hey steve, just to say i got myself a place on the higher diploma course too, so i shall see u there!!
Michael Devereux
I've done diploma, higher diploma and i'm now on first year degree...

Any questions, feel free to PM me
Quote by Lcollins1
I've done diploma, higher diploma and i'm now on first year degree...

Any questions, feel free to PM me

How much are you paying to stay wherever it is you're staying?

And I'm guessing that since you've been at ACM for so long, it's great? I also expect that there's a lot of arrogant, cocky bastards that attend it too, but that's to be expected :P
not the "iron madien" bruce ! but acm bruce was/is an excellent tutor , very passionate about the musicians !
What would be better to do a guitar diploma / degree in. ACM or ICPM or Guitar x?
Quote by Steve The Plank
Yeah, it's kinda like Europe's version of Berklee, except nowhere near as many courses, and more specifically aimed towards contemporary music.
http://www.acm.ac.uk/

It's not even vaguely close to Berklee.

It's an adequate music school that encourages you to shop at Andertons music.
Quote by nugiboy
What would be better to do a guitar diploma / degree in. ACM or ICPM or Guitar x?

I really need some advice