There is a forum similar to this, but i want everyones top 5 singers of all time. it does not have to be rock music, it can be any genre.

I shall start with my list:
1. Sebastian Bach - Skid Row listen to anything song and try and refute this!
2. Steven Tyler - hits notes that do not exist.
3.Brent Smith - Shinedown Most people will find this suprising until they take a second listen to this badass!
4.Geoff Tate/Dio Queensrych/Dio,rainbow Different people i know! but they have a similar sound so i couldnt choose and im trying to do different sounds.
5.Melissa ethridge Chick, but very powerful voice, who could dissagree?

This should be better than best guitarist forums because you always get the same 4 people so this should be interesting!
!!!!!!
I only have a top 1 for now

Best rock singer for creating riffs with his voice is Robert Plant for me.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Aug 27, 2007,
1.Jeff Buckley
2.Jim Morrison
3.Matt Bellamy
4.Paul Simon
5.Ian Curtis

These are based on personal preference rather than technical prowess.
In no real order, my top 5 are:

Chris Cornell
Jeff Buckley
Robert Plant
Ian Gillan
Freddie Mercury
Last edited by pandashaving at Aug 26, 2007,
I dont know what is so great about jeff buckley. But i would like to add that Paul McCartney has an exceptional voice, along with bob segar, and the guy from Tesla. I want more names of artists who have voices that cannot be replicated
The lead singer from the band heart is a really good singer...that band is good live as well.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
1- Freddy Murcury any one who argues this is a retard or has never heard him sing
2- plant
3 - morrioson
4- Gilmour
5- lennon
Quote by Nickster911
I dont know what is so great about jeff buckley.

4 octave range, crazy vibrato, and the man put more damn emotion into his voice than anyone else I've ever heard.
I can't make a top 5, so I'll just state 5 singers I really adore.

Jeff Buckley, Jim Morrison, Syd Barrett, Paul McCartney, Frank Black
eddie vedder
robert plant
kurt cobain
paul/john
and layne staley
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
Steve Perry, James Hetfield, Dave Mustaine, Robert Plant
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by Nickster911
I still dont hear anything special when i listen to jeff, if he has range he doesnt show it.

excuse me? you shouldn't have made a thread related to singing if you can't hear incredible range when Jeff sings. Try listening to Eternal Life, he has massive range, it sounds like his voice is an animal that he's just about taming. He had so much control over his voice.

The only other two people I can think of that better him (IMO of course) when it comes to amazing pipes are Aretha Franklin and Freddie Mercury.
Quote by Nickster911
I still dont hear anything special when i listen to jeff, if he has range he doesnt show it.

Then you're not listening to the same singer we are. Jeff is indisputedly an outstanding singer, certainly more accomplished than Tyler, who sounds like an American ripoff of Mick Jagger.

My list of five in no particular order:
Chris Cornell (one of the biggest recorded ranges in the history of rock music, insane power)
Jeff Buckley (everything, basically. Just a plain beautiful voice)
Maynard James Keenan (lung capacity of a blue whale, power, such control over his voice I've rarely heard)
Jimmy Gnecco (just go look for him)

Aretha Franklin has simply outstanding pipes, but I figure anyone with any sense will already know that she, like Mercury, Ian Gillan, Jackie Wilson, Roy Khan, Sam Cooke, Robert Plant etc etc will get namedropped by anyone with sense and thus me using up space in my five to list her and them would be stating the obvious. And I find modern artists (late 80's onwards) are usually painfully underrated in these lists thanks to classic rock syndrome.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.