Page 1 of 2
If I could describe mine, I would say trebley groul and Tom Morello-esque effects.

I know bass is a rythm instrument, but it sounds soo cool to flood the bandroom with that low grouling feedback for a fill! And then going to take over the audio spectrum with a slow full bass chord along with our guitarist for that HUGE pianoX2 sound!
Better than yours.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Very wet. High trebles (about 7/8 to max), 50/50 on the mids and about 1/5 to 1/4 on the bass.
The.
Think of marshmellows.

My tone is probably somthing like 8 on bass, 3-4 in middle, 2 in treble.
Unless I slap and pop, then its 8 bass, 2 middle, 6-7 treble.
But I twist it all the time.
Quote by Fast_Bear

ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one
I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
My set-up goes like this, pretty much explains the tone:

A well-loved and bashed Japan-made Fender Aerodyne J-bass. Played with 0.73mm yellow Tortex picks, sometimes the 0.88mm green Tortex if I want to sound a touch more solid. For the record, I never use my fingers.

Digitech XBD Bass Driver overdrive set with everything at minimum level, so overdrive only kicks in at the extremes, and never to any more than the slightest possible amount.

Digitech XBC Bass Chorus set just a bit harder than the overdrive.

A home-made preamp my dad built in the early 70's, originally for hi-fi equipment; now heavily modded and handles both my bass and guitar. Bass set to 3 and a half, mid set to 6 and a half, treble set to 6. The preamp naturally adds a slight boost to the higher end, probably the equivalent of putting the treble up to 8 or so on most other preamps

Final output is some old 100watt Gallien-Krueger that's been dropped, bumped, kicked, had drinks spilt on it, and everything else you care to mention.

Final tone is high and generally smooth, but with rough edges. Definately not one of those 'earthquake inducing, floor shaking' bass tones, more like Lemmy after rolling the overdrive almost entirely off.
I use the exact same setup for everything and it's gorgeous.
How to describe it? Wow I don't know, but I guess I'd say skankin' with a touch of violence.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Booming and smooth baby. Though where I actually put the EQ entirely depends on what I'm playing at the time.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
I don't know, my tone is deep, full and well the best way to describe it is pretty. Just moderately high everywhere on the amp but my active eq on my bass helps me get most of my tone.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Booming and smooth baby. Though where I actually put the EQ entirely depends on what I'm playing at the time.

I would like to acknowledge that you have the coolest username known to man.
Quote by watchingmefall
Just like that, imagine Warwick Corvette and an Ampeg amp.

Yeah, that's actually my dream setup.
ummm .... mine sounds like an awsome ampeg on steroids+cocaine (the good kind)
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Chorusly-heavy hitting-etc...etc...

EQ:
Bass- 7
Low Mids- 6
High Mids- 3
Treble- 7

The chorusy-ness to it comes from the bass-settings itself, not the amp though, just the way I set the tone and volumes on the pickups.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
My tone is very modern and clear. It's punchy and deep, but not warm. My bridge pickup tone is your quintessential Jazz tone as heard by John Pattitucci and the like.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I like to change my sound with the certain music I'm playing. But for my all around ideal sound I like to boost the lows and get lots of highs in there. I'll play with a pick to really get some more highs in the sound, or I'll play with my fingers to get a nice full tone.
Hard to explain, I keep more treble for a more punk sound but smooth enough to play ska/reggae.
Quote by AshesToAshes
I like to change my sound with the certain music I'm playing. But for my all around ideal sound I like to boost the lows and get lots of highs in there. I'll play with a pick to really get some more highs in the sound, or I'll play with my fingers to get a nice full tone.

Versatility = internets!
a jackhammer hitting you in the face at 100 miles an hour, and it being a strangely orgasmic experience
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
I pretty much have your tried and tested, classic P-Bass punk tone.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Off-The-Heazay
a jackhammer hitting you in the face at 100 miles an hour, and it being a strangely orgasmic experience

Yeeeaaaaahhhh................. In yo face bass with attitude. Thats what the world needs more of.
Have you ever heard an Upright bass? Now imagine that, with a quicker response time. Very warm, very full.

Obviously it's on a fretless, which recently has become my main bass. Cause it's so damn good. I've also got a naturally warm sounding amp (SWR).
Bass: 3 O'clock
Mids: 1.5 O'clock
Treble: Noon.
Rickenbacker punch thats the only way i can describe it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Page 1 of 2