Page 1 of 2
Has there ever been a band that you really liked that you never would have expected to?

I've never really liked Indie bands, but I absolutely LOVE the Shins. I'm also not really a love song kind of guy, but I really like HIM.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
There are no bands like that for me. I don't look at a band and say, "Oh, I'll never like them." Why would I say that? You can't expect to like or dislike a band. It's unfair.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
There are no bands like that for me. I don't look at a band and say, "Oh, I'll never like them." Why would I say that? You can't expect to like or dislike a band. It's unfair.

That's not really what I was trying to say. What I meant was that there are genres that people generally don't like. Have you ever liked a band from a genre that you don't generally like?

outkast
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
System of a Down. They pretty much made me like the metal/heavy rock genre in general later on too.
Sage Francis and Gang Starr. I also really hated Yes but now Close to The Edge is one of my fave albums.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Fall out boy, but just the first album :P

and as I lay dying, i normally listen to weezer or indie stuff.
Looking for a new sig!
never thought i'd like fall out boy. i tried not to. never thought i'd like the smiths. i also tried not to. and last, but nowhere near least... MEATLOAF?? i hated the guy for 17 years of my life... why change now
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
never thought i'd like fall out boy. i tried not to. never thought i'd like the smiths. i also tried not to. and last, but nowhere near least... MEATLOAF?? i hated the guy for 17 years of my life... why change now

Dont dis Meatloaf. btw, I know his guitarist's cousin.
MCR. I saw them before I heard them and so assumed they would sound like they look. Pink Floyd, just because they have the word pink in their name. Frank Zappa. Pretty much all classic rock, which I now love. The blues. The Misfits. Slayer. Avenged Sevenfold. Beethoven. Reel Big Fish. Nine Inch Nails. Mushroomhead. AFI. Lacuna Coil. Kittie. Journey. The Beatles. Gorillaz. The GazettE. Fleetwood Mac. The Darkness. Alice Cooper.
Yeah, I'm quite pessimistic about most bands, but often pleasantly surprised.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
All Metal, i remember sitting around with my mates years ago going. 'its all a bunch of noise lololol *makes angry noises* Look im in Slipknot!111' (what i thought was metal)

Just shows what a dumb **** i was, eh.
-The White Stripes. Being a bassist how could I like them? Well I do now.
-MCR. I really hate the whole scene but I dunno...I like Ray's guitar stuff.
Agalloch. I'm generally not a fan of the screaming/growling vocals....but I dunno I really like this band.

I also have my friend to thank for showing me this band, he uses this forum and if hes reading this THANKS MAN!
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by LynchMobster
Sage Francis

Same here...

And the White Stripes. And the Arctic Monkeys. Annnnd...

Something tells me, that if I think about this long enough, I'll never stop.
For me it's The Used, it's such a different band than what I normally listen to...
believe it or not, lamb of god was one of those bands for me.
but now i really like them
Kiuas, I usually hate power metal but I saw them at Bloodstock and they were awesome and the guitarist is insanely good.

I never expected to like Leonard Cohen but he's brilliant and SikTh are another band I would have hated about a year ago but love now.
mcr definately

and im trying my hardest to hate "talking" artists like kate nash, lily allen, jamie t etc
everyones lisening to it and every shop you go to its playing
I never said to myself that I would never be into Muse, but I never thought I would like them as much as I do....my all time favorite band...Muse.
i never thought i'd like blue october and then my sister started balring them everyday and iliked a few of their songs, this went on for about a week before i absolutly despised them...thats my story.

yup
UG's HIPPIE
Plain White T's
and a lot of hardcore music. I used to follow the crowd and diss hardcore, until I actually gave it a listen.
I also just recently started really liking MCR despite the fact that I said I've hated them for years.
I really like Muse, as much as I didn't before.
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yes, but it's a FACT that most metal artists have more musicainship and technical skill than pretty much all rappers.
Paramore, I never thought I´d like a band with a frontwoman
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by david_highland
I never said to myself that I would never be into Muse, but I never thought I would like them as much as I do....my all time favorite band...Muse.

I used to HATE Muse, but they are now my single favorite band.

Probably would have to be the Red Hot Chili Peppers for me. They always seemed boring to me but after watching the Live Earth of theirs and liking Dani California alot i got Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Stadium Arcadium and now i love them. John Frusciante is quickly becoming one of my favorite guitarists too.

And John Mayer. I always used to hate his stuff but i dunno what made me want to listen to his stuff but i asked if i could put his newest cd of my sisters on my ipod and i listened to it and i think he's great now.
Paramore

Justin Timberlake

Tibaland
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Page 1 of 2