what scale is hangar 18 in? im just curious...i learned it today...but ive never played a scale like that before...or maybe its just..the way its played...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Im not too sure but I have a feeling that there is a harmonic Minor/Phrygian dominant scale in the second half of the song when it turns.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by bi-ah!
what scale is hangar 18 in? im just curious...i learned it today...but ive never played a scale like that before...or maybe its just..the way its played...

There are many things you can do with a scale

D minor, like said above.
i knew d minor...haahah...its just the most different thing ive ever played...like...its out there...its like complex...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Mustaines solos are pretty much minor/minor pentatonic, Friedman's are harmonic minor and phrygian dominant, but he uses more than those.
Marty improvised his solos, and has a nasty habit of not giving a damn what key he's supposed to be in except for to resolve. One of my favorite conversations ever was between him and Gilbert after a short jam (which can be found easily on Youtube, labeled Young Guitar I believe).

Paul: Hold up, what key are you in?
Marty: What key are you in?
Paul: A minor.
Marty: Oh... I'm not in any key.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.