My Ibanez Jtk2's bridge pickup is dying, or a wire got screwed or something like that.

When I go from neck to bridge the output decreases a lot.
Also I can't distort it at all, I've tried using diffrent cables.

Whenever I hit a note it plays but sort of fades in and out.

Changing it from singe-to-humbucker does not do anything.

What do I do electric guitar forum?

((I will not rub icy hot on it and/or do a barrel roll.))
I don't even shred
Pickups don't just die. Sounds like a bad connection somewhere, perhaps a faulty switch. Have you cracked the guitar open and taken a look at the connections?
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Pickups don't just die. Sounds like a bad connection somewhere, perhaps a faulty switch. Have you cracked the guitar open and taken a look at the connections?

No, I havent.
I will try but I'm still kind of afraid to since I've never done it before
and what-not.
I don't even shred
sometimes a dirty switch, or a contact on the switch, or a loose wire like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
How do i take off the pickguard with all the switches and stuff?
I don't even shred
If it's a Strat style, you remove your strings, and then remove the small screws around the edge of the pickguard. You don't have to remove any of the electronics to get the pickguard off. After those screws are out, you can lift it right off and flip it over.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
If it's a Strat style, you remove your strings, and then remove the small screws around the edge of the pickguard. You don't have to remove any of the electronics to get the pickguard off. After those screws are out, you can lift it right off and flip it over.

Will the electronics be attached to the pickguard
I don't even shred
looks like the switches are going to be attached to the guard.

i dont know how much slack they will give u. but u can try to remove the outter screws and see if u can flip the guard over while it's still attached to the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Does it have a back cover plate? If not, they'll be attached to the pickguard .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Okay I took it off, since I've never seen the inside of a guitar before <_<
I can't tell.

What to look for?
I don't even shred
a loose wire would be most obvious.

sometimes, you can blow some compressed air into the switch, clean it out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

get contact cleaner and spray the hell out of it. Follow the wire that goes into your bridge pickup to its sources, look for broken/weak solders or frayed wires. Check your input jack. Check your switch for sure, if its not switching properly to the wire it can make it really sound like crap. Are you sures its only your bridge? Have you done anything to screw with the magnets in it?
OKay I took it off and plugged it in, it played fine.

O_o Not sure what the problem was, but thanks everyone
I'll keep all the information in mind for future refrence
I don't even shred
I have the fade-in-and-out problem with my mexican strat, but on all the pickups. the previous owner re-did the wiring to fit a 13-way pickup switch and i guess he didn't do a great job. i don't really know what i'm looking for though (i can't see any obvious loose connections). could anyone help?
you tried a different guitar cable yet?

it's probably the wiring, but i always start with basic solutions first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

an afterthought - is it normal that there is still a (quiet) output when the pickups are disabled?
do u mean with a killswitch? if so, then yeah, that's a clue that he didnt hook things up correctly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62