I've decided I want a Strat and need some opinions. Should I go ahead and buy an American Strat. I've heard peope say it's kind of a rip off. Are the Standards quality guitars? Another consideration was the Highway One. Thx.
Epiphone Les Paul (APH1 Alinco II Pros)
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
I would buy American or Japanese. Your best deals will be used. There are hundreds of models. The MIM's aren't to bad either. I don't think American Fenders are too terribly over-priced but it depends on the model. Stay away from signature models, you play for the artist's name.
I have a Mexican Fat Strat (MZ) and an American Telecaster. My Fat Strat is a very decent guitar and plays well. The neck is very fast and clean and intonation is accurate throughout the entire neck. The electronics are OK and are good enough for what I do.

However, my Telecaster is my favorite guitar. I'm sure that'll change once I get my Les Paul

Best,
SPS
Fender Fat Strat (MZ)
Fender Telecaster (Z)
Ibanez SZR720
Takamine EG540C
Fender P-Bass

Boss CE-20, DD-6, DS-1, RC-20XL, TU-2

Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Vox VT100 Amp
Ashdown Engineering Bass Amp
Fender Classic Player's Series '50s strat. seirously. the most comfortable guitars ever.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Customize your own Carvin Bolt. Awesome value .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by ECistheBest
Fender Classic Player's Series '50s strat. seirously. the most comfortable guitars ever.

Listen to the man, much better than an American standard, my girlfriends dad when he played my CP50s TRADED in his american standard for a CP50s.

Quote by uldhppi
Stay away from signature models, you play for the artist's name.
In most cases you're right. Two notable exceptions are the Jimmie Vaughan MIM Strat and the Eric Johnson MIA Strat. The JV is a great value whether you're a JV fan or not, and the EJ Strat is arguably the best production Strat Fender presently makes.
Quote by Hakanku
Listen to the man, much better than an American standard, my girlfriends dad when he played my CP50s TRADED in his american standard for a CP50s.

That is beautiful. My dream Strat.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild