Ok heres the situation. I've been in this blues trio for about 8 or so months. With our original bassist, we played a talent show, played a few local shows, and started recording our first album. He wasn't too into the blues though, and, while he was good, just didn't have his heart in it. One gig he couldnt make it to, we had my little brother fill in on bass, hes a huge blues fan and actually turned out to be better than our original bassist. Slowly the original bassist distanced himself from us, and finally a huge gig came up, and he wouldnt return phone calls to him to ask him if he was up for it. So my bro played, and since my bro has played all gigs with us insted of the original. So today, my brother re-recorded bass tracks for our album, and we still haven't contacted our original bassist. So we havent talked to him in months, but he still doesnt know he isnt really part of the band anymore. So should we get in contacct with him to tell him hes out? Or just forget it since we havent talked in months and maybe he can assume hes out?

sorry for the long read

"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
its pretty safe to say hes out
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I keep a plunger in my bathroom...my insperation usually clogs the toilet.
If you want to replace him, call him and tell him. It's disrespectful to not notify him. Even if he wants out, or thinks he's out or whatever, do the right thing and call.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

He doesn't want to be in and he's not helping the band so i'd just say screw it.
I'm Tyler
yes, but do you think we should call and talk to him about it, and formally kick him out, or just let it go and keep going with my brother?
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Well, try as hard as you can to tell him that he's out, he deserves that much, but you can safely kick him out, as he hasn't been dedicated to the band at all.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Have you left him voicemails or anything?? if youve been trying for a really long time to get ahold of him and since hes not trying to hard (obviously) to stay in contact, its not your problem anymore. Dont say it in an email or anything, just leave a voicemail telling him that you just feel like hes not that interested in being in the band, so you picked up someone else who had more passion for it. Once you do that, you're home free. Its his problem now.
^ i think thats what im gonna do
gone." - J.Lansdowne
The respectable thing to do is let him know he is no longer in the band.
Currently in blues mode.
I don't think it would be a big deal if you said nothing because so much time has passed. But I think it would be more respectable to tell him.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.