Alright so I'm looking for something different in my RR3 (Going to put the SDs in my Squier), and I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions for stuff like Death Metal, and Shred. I was looking at the Dimarzio Evolutions, but I'm not sure how they would hold up with DM. I'm getting new pickups for my birthday so if you guys could help me out, that would be great

*EDIT* The price has to be about the same as the Evos as well. A little more is fine though.
Last edited by NightmareXT at Aug 26, 2007,
umm for metal get the sd livewire metal pickups, there actives and everything
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
ohh but the down with the livewires is that they are like a 200 dollar set lol
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
everybody seems to love emg's, but i prefer to keep my circuitry passive. you should check the super distortion from dimarzio. and pretty much anything out of seymour duncan is sure to rock
^no. not the livewire.

get an EMG set. they're active, they're the way to go for heavy stuff. if u need to go passive, a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom.

two customs are enough.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'd really prefer to keep it passive, and EMGs just sound too sterile to me. Dunno about Livewires, but I don't think that's the way I want to go either. Can the Custom Custom do death metal?
^your amp does death metal. your pickups help your amp do death metal by driving it harder with higher output.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard