Can a Jag neck be transplanted to Tele body without modification (i.e. routing, etc)?
I think they are compatible..? but not sure. Also, I play shred metal and neo-classical -which would be the better choice - finished or unfinished neck?
Why would you wanna do that? Its very possible, just curious... And I'd imagine a finished neck, much easier to move around the neck...
What kind of finish? With gloss, It's way too frictiony. I prefer bare necks myself.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Oiled necks are probably the best feeling. Not quite slippery, but slick.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Just go into a guitar shop and play a bunch of guitars with different necks, you'll get a sense of what you enjoy playing the most. You can have the shiny ones, the satin finished smooth ones, the painted Gibson style, or the oiled wood. Some Les Paul players swear by fretboard binding for a faster neck as well. Then there's a whole lot of different shapes for the back of the neck, which can even be varied down the length of the neck.

That's before you get into the height of your frets, and your individual preference on action.

I play a standard tele with a satin finished maple neck, no laminated fingerboard, just straight maple. That's my preference, yours may be completely different.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Aug 27, 2007,
Quote by Zex.
Why would you wanna do that? Its very possible, just curious... And I'd imagine a finished neck, much easier to move around the neck...

I like shortscale necks (24") and every jag I've had felt muuuch better than the tele neck. yeah, I think that favorite neck (also on a jag) is oiled...I know Zakk Wylde uses unfinished necks.

my favorite guitar is jaguar with hotrodded pickups (a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates bridge Hot P-90 neck), a mute switch, birdseye maple neck wth rosewood fretboard. I play a lot of blues, and I love the tele bridge bite, but the neck isn't as comfy as I'd like it to be.

Thanks to everyone for responses.