You may remember me, about 8 weeks ago I posted a thread saying that how I bought a MG15CDR and how it sounded just as good as a Vox AD series.

Now I f***ing hate it and I'm trying to sell it and buy a Valvetronix. So If anyone has a AD15 for sale, please PM me!

So my advice:

LISTEN TO PEOPLE ON UG!!! IF THEY ALL SAY SOMETHING SUCKS, IT OBVIOUSLY DOES!

So!

No MG's!
No Spiders!
Ahaha. That sucks, my friend.
Gear
Left-Handed Schecter C-1 Stealth
Left-Handed Fender Standard Strat

EHX Little Big Muff
Boss DS-2
EHX PolyChorus

Orange Rocker 30 Head

Next Purchases:
Well at least you saw the light...even if it was a little late... =P
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I would't get the Vox, I mean it is a step up, but not much. Go tube
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
ah, another lesson learned.

alright buddy go out and be somebody!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by FRDesign
You may remember me, about 8 weeks ago I posted a thread saying that how I bought a MG15CDR and how it sounded just as good as a Vox AD series.

Now I f***ing hate it and I'm trying to sell it and buy a Valvetronix. So If anyone has a AD15 for sale, please PM me!

So my advice:

LISTEN TO PEOPLE ON UG!!! IF THEY ALL SAY SOMETHING SUCKS, IT OBVIOUSLY DOES!

So!

No MG's!
No Spiders!

you live and learn, you just learnt in a really crappy way
Were you the guy who your friend posted the thread for you, and you were all defending the MG in the thread?

Well you learnt. But it could've been easier for you..
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
god I hate MG's, my sig has never been more relevant
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
We've had an MG15 for a while, and it's been awesome value. Yes it has horrible distortion, and pretty lifeless cleans but me and my brother had fun with it. He bought it at the end of '05 for next to nothing with the last of his christmas money having just bought an old Japanese strat from a pawn shop (now that was a find).

We've played that amp till every join in it buzzes. We had to take the Marshall logo off the speaker cloth cos it started buzzing. Miles's used to run it clean with a cheap Behringer OD pedal and a EQ cleaning up the harshness of pedal. Sounded ok. When we got our mixer we practiced micing up the MG and EQing it till it sounded right, an excellent exercise for anyone who wants to do mixing, if you can make an MG sound decent you're on the way.

It was the amp that could just be left in the loungeroom for friends to come and jam on, and we didn't mind people leaving drinks on it at parties. We still haven't blown the speaker despite our best attempts. We've moved on, I use a Valve Junior through a Hartke quad, Miles got himself a Marshall JCM900 & 1960 cab, but I actually feel a certain affection for that much maligned noisy box. Miles wrote some damned good songs on it too.

For some reason I'm thinking of Brian Adams...

And yes the distortion channel is sickening, if i ever hear anyone play an MG100 at a gig, I'm thinking "Oh god it's horrible" before I even look at the stage. Same happens if I hear someone playing one in the background in a guitar shop.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Aug 27, 2007,
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
It was the amp that could just be left in the loungeroom for friends to come and jam on, and we didn't mind people leaving drinks on it at parties.
OMG that's such a good idea! I'll actually have to do that or something in the future. Leave all your good gear locked away, and just leave a MG and Squier (by Fender of course ) in the living room for people to (ab)use. I wouldn't even care if it got nicked.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I'm glad I didn't get one. A little while ago I was thinking of buying one, but I took the advice of the people here. I'm sure you'll find people to buy it. Someone hearing the name "Marshall" will think it's automatically amazing (as I did too, lol ) and will want it.
Well, lets just hope everyone thinking of buying a MG reads this.

On another note - i can probably get an okay tone out of a MG. Okay at best though...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
haha i have a little mg10 that i got for free. worth every penny. it sounds like absolute crap, but is good as a footrest and dormroom use until i find a suitable tiny replacement amp (had to leave the fender hot rod and b52 at home).
Quote by FRDesign
I bought it at a Guitar Centre 4 hours away from me.

well take it back one weekend, if it bugs you bad enough you'll take the drive
yeah man that sux...but lucky for me my dads a guitarist so he knows whats a decent amp or not so i never had to suffer the embarassment of getting an horrible starting amp and thinking it was great...i mean my gear isnt top end but its pretty damn good
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
Quote by MrCarrot
OMG that's such a good idea! I'll actually have to do that or something in the future. Leave all your good gear locked away, and just leave a MG and Squier (by Fender of course ) in the living room for people to (ab)use. I wouldn't even care if it got nicked.

One of my friends used to play acoustic sitting out the front of his house, and he'd just leave his guitars on the front veranda. If you turned up and he wasn't home yet, you could jam in the front garden while you waited.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
it takes a while to develop your ear for tone, but after a few months of playing you can really hear the difference between an MG and a Vox... i guess its something that everyone goes through
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by Blompcube
Well, lets just hope everyone thinking of buying a MG reads this.

On another note - i can probably get an okay tone out of a MG. Okay at best though...

I started a new group for that purpose!

look at my sig
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
We've had an MG15 for a while, and it's been awesome value. Yes it has horrible distortion, and pretty lifeless cleans but me and my brother had fun with it. He bought it at the end of '05 for next to nothing with the last of his christmas money having just bought an old Japanese strat from a pawn shop (now that was a find).

We've played that amp till every join in it buzzes. We had to take the Marshall logo off the speaker cloth cos it started buzzing. Miles's used to run it clean with a cheap Behringer OD pedal and a EQ cleaning up the harshness of pedal. Sounded ok. When we got our mixer we practiced micing up the MG and EQing it till it sounded right, an excellent exercise for anyone who wants to do mixing, if you can make an MG sound decent you're on the way.

It was the amp that could just be left in the loungeroom for friends to come and jam on, and we didn't mind people leaving drinks on it at parties. We still haven't blown the speaker despite our best attempts. We've moved on, I use a Valve Junior through a Hartke quad, Miles got himself a Marshall JCM900 & 1960 cab, but I actually feel a certain affection for that much maligned noisy box. Miles wrote some damned good songs on it too.

For some reason I'm thinking of Brian Adams...

And yes the distortion channel is sickening, if i ever hear anyone play an MG100 at a gig, I'm thinking "Oh god it's horrible" before I even look at the stage. Same happens if I hear someone playing one in the background in a guitar shop.

//tear.

that...that was beautiful!

My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
spiders arnt that bad lol!!! MG's are though haha.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<