well ive gotta have two songs ready for next term at school in about a month or so, and i'm wanting at least one of them to be a cool instrumental. Something heavy with some fun riffing would be nice

so yeah, what are your favourite heavyish instrumentals?
stuff like ashes of the wake - LOG or trivium's crusade would be cool i reckon
I named my acoustic guitar Paris, cause' its got a big hole
Willie the Pimp-Frank Zappa.. It's got a short vocal, but I consider it an instrumental.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Screw metalish instrumentals.
John Butler Trio - Ocean

You play this song, you'd get laid, no matter what anyone says about how music can't get you laid.

Or in your case, whatever dream in mind you had will come true

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
Jaws of Life by John Petrucci.
I gotta do the same thing, im playing Always with me Always with you by Satch and another song I havent decided on yet.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
I gotta do the same thing, im playing Always with me Always with you by Satch and another song I havent decided on yet.

glasgow kiss
Quote by dann_blood

Im playin always with me always with you for mine aswell
And with that in doing Cannon Rock thats a pretty sick instrumental to do!
Quote by Incardito
Screw metalish instrumentals.
John Butler Trio - Ocean

You play this song, you'd get laid, no matter what anyone says about how music can't get you laid.

Or in your case, whatever dream in mind you had will come true

+1

Agalloch's stuff is good, very little singing in most of their songs.
Quote by Diamond Dave

glasgow kiss

Glasgow Kiss isnt exactly what id call "heavy". Jaws of Life is the perfect fit for this guy, chunky low end riff, high technical usage, what more could you ask for?
Apart from Glasgow Kiss

Quote by StratPat
Im playin always with me always with you for mine aswell
And with that in doing Cannon Rock thats a pretty sick instrumental to do!

Always With Me Always With You is the ****
Canon Rock is awesome as well, i'd be doing that or For the Love of God by Vai, but one of my pieces has to be with a small ensemble (3-5 members), and nobody can be arsed to play one of the parts.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Aug 27, 2007,
Quote by dann_blood
Glasgow Kiss isnt exactly what id call "heavy". Jaws of Life is the perfect fit for this guy, chunky low end riff, high technical usage, what more could you ask for?
Apart from Glasgow Kiss

uhhh... whoops

i never read pit threads properly

Far beyond the sun is good, and trilogy suite
Quote by dann_blood
Apart from Glasgow Kiss

Always With Me Always With You is the ****
Canon Rock is awesome as well, i'd be doing that or For the Love of God by Vai, but one of my pieces has to be with a small ensemble (3-5 members), and nobody can be arsed to play one of the parts.

Are u my twin or something I was tossin' up between canon and for the love of god..
thanks guys ill look into those. mm yeah, the problem is though, one of my mates in the class is doing 2 of either for the love of god, glassgow kiss or lenny for his performance . so i cant exactly play them :P

keep em coming
I named my acoustic guitar Paris, cause' its got a big hole
try raining blood from slayer, it even sounds good without the lyrics
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
orion
Metallica
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
ummmmmmmmmm guys are we forgetting a certain band????

erotomania - Dream Theater
The YTSE jam - Dream Theater
Instrumedly - Dream Theater

And thats just a few!!!! If any1 interested in the top two songs, there on my profile
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Quote by the metal bassi
ummmmmmmmmm guys are we forgetting a certain band????

erotomania - Dream Theater
The YTSE jam - Dream Theater
Instrumedly - Dream Theater

And thats just a few!!!! If any1 interested in the top two songs, there on my profile

Yes we are forgetting a certain band. They are called Rush. YYZ or La Villa Strangiato, there hardly heavy, but TBH it kicks the **** out of anything else (except when cliff rips it up in orion obv)
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Stratosphere - Stratovarius
YYZ - Rush
Jessica - Allman Brothers
Far Beyond The Sun - Yngwie JM
Trilogy Suite - Yngwie JM...

Most of his instrumental are pretty cool.

There's a few cool Racer X ones too.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Last edited by Donkey Fly at Aug 27, 2007,
Uhh Hell's Kitchen by Dream Theater, The Wanderer by Emporer, Ex Nihlo by Dark Tranquillity. Eh, I could go on forever. I love epic metal instrumentals.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Orion - Metallica
Hell's Kitchen - Dream Theater
Mario Takes a Walk - Jesse Cook (probably the best acoustic guitar instrumental to ever exist in the history of..ever)
"Some of these lyrics are pure black metal nonsense."