I'm interested in getting one of these because I've heard a lot of good things about it and it has been recommended by a few people as a good metal amp. but my friend who "supposedly" knows a thing or two about amps said rolands were complete **** and have horrible tone. I'm looking to play mostly metal/death metal (stuff that ranges from amon amarth to deicide, nile, cryptopsy, etc.) and have been looking for a good combo amp that suits extreme metal but also has nice cleans and stuff. so I hope some of you guys will give me good opinions and tips on it...
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
IT IS NOT A VALVE AMP, so it can't be compared to valve amps like mesa rectifier and so

I own a cube60 and I think it's probably the best transistor amp for metal/high-gain stuff.
sweet cleans and heavy distortion, great amp!
It depends, if you have a nice budget, perhaps get a tube-amp. I'm not into the metal-section but perhaps some peavey valveamp ?
The cube 60 is one of the best SS amps out there in its range.

Ive got one and the 60 has alot more power than the 30.

Id buy it =]
Quote by Canucks486
It depends, if you have a nice budget, perhaps get a tube-amp. I'm not into the metal-section but perhaps some peavey valveamp ?

well I'm not to the level where I need a tube amp that bad and most of the cheaper tube combos are out of my price range. before the cube 60 I was wanting to buy a peavey bandit 112 but nobody ever told me if they thought it was good or bad...
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
i played one recently in my local shop, and that amp was neat,had a great recto model, im gonna buy one soon too...the only thing that sucks is it doesnt come with a footswitch and you have to actually buy 3 switches to have full control of the amp....shame on you roland!
Yeah the switchability is a problem if you want to gig/practice with it. You need to get the right type of switch as well I bought a wrong type and I had to press the button twice to change anything.

Good amp but look at other options as well. Older Marshall valvestates can be bought very cheaply and are great for hard rock and metal. Peavey Bandit as you mentioned, and try Randall.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
is the distortion, clean channel, tone, effects, etc. better on the bandit? I know for a fact that it has a pretty good clean channel because alot of blues players use it, and I saw a video of a guy doing the crazy train solo with an older bandit and it sounded amazing so I asked if he was using the amps distortion or pedals and he said it was the amp.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
i have one and i play mainly death metal (cannibal corpse, lamb of god, chimaira, bleeding through) etc and i think its brilliant, couldn't ask for better.
I'd go for the Bandit but try the amps out first before you buy them. I think all modelling amps distortion sound really "dry" and scratchy.
Join my quest for a cheap, quiet, high gain, tube amp!

Or just PM me with suggestions.
I can't really try them out because the nearest guitar shops here are like 100 miles away so I always have to research online before I buy stuff I'm not too picky though because anything would be better than my 15 watt and I just need a better amp to practice with
Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
I like the Peavey better than the Cube because it sounds closer to a tube amp. The distortion is good. Cubes may be better for metal and aren't bad for modeling amps. Since I am a tube guy and a Peavey fan I would go more toward the Bandit.
Quote by Dark_Merlin
The cube 60 is one of the best SS amps out there in its range.

Ive got one and the 60 has alot more power than the 30.

Id buy it =]

Yep it is the best SS amp i've ever heard. I think it sounds a lot better then some of these lower end tube amps that have come out as well. The 60's an amazing amp that can do anything you want it too.
The cube amps may not be valve but they still sound great for just about any type music and the cube 60 sounds great for metal.

I'm not sure why your friend says they are not great and lack tone but lots of people here think they are great and I personally like them as well
Most guitar shops have them sitting around especially GC's.

Just go in and fire one up you'll see why everyone praises them so highly.
Quote by uldhppi
I like the Peavey better than the Cube because it sounds closer to a tube amp. The distortion is good. Cubes may be better for metal and aren't bad for modeling amps. Since I am a tube guy and a Peavey fan I would go more toward the Bandit.

yeah the peaveys do sound really good, tube preamp and solid state power amp as far as i know. they sound really good as long as you dont try to put the master volume too high because then you start to get the breakup.

(im pretty sure the preamp is actually tube powered, not tube emulation technology)
i have a bandit and i like it, my input jack on it is kinda messed up, but i bought it in a pawn shop for 50 bucks, so it isnt really in the greatest condition but i would definitely recomend it.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
ahhhhhh I'm still torn...
Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
ive played a 60 and its great for metal...

since you play metal, its got great tone for metal..the recto model is awesome....

try it...you wont regret getting it...
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?