Ok, regardless of my old thread about a week ago, i decided to make a new one (i hope noone minds)...

anyway, i was wanting a marshall amp with good tones...and i got an offer from a local collector with a marshall silver jubilee amp.

Now he didnt name a price until 2 weeks. He asks 15 000 eek (maybe can pull it to 14 000 eek) for the head (thats 1200 dollars and 1100 dollars respectively)...and then fpr 20 000 eek it would include a matching 2x12 cab with greenbacks (which is 1550dollars)

is this deal worth it ? i don't really care for the cab, if i can get equal for cheaper (i dont need the marshall logo etc)

what would you guys do? go for it? or look for one for cheaper?
Last edited by zwound at Aug 27, 2007,
Well honestly If I had the money I'd get one , they have great tone. I played only one at guitar center and it was beautiful , it has a good gritty tone but not thin its just pure rock and roll tone. I'd go and get the cab too , Jubilees where only manufactured for about a year or so and its pretty damn rare to see them pop up. Price is really not that bad for the it now that I think of it. I prefer these over JCM800's any day , but each is there on I saw on with it the amp is godly!
For $1200, if I could afford it, yes I would take that opportunity. But for the cab to be more than the head? nah.
Sorry, that came out wrong.

basically 1200 for head, and 1550 head + cab

EDIT: Oh well now you put it like that, GO FOR IT!
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Arent these babies gonna go up in worth... in say, 20 years?
Last edited by zwound at Aug 27, 2007,
Yup I think they where run in what like 86? 87? I know Slash used them very consistently on the Appetite tour but awhile into the Illusions tour ( the st louis riot show ) his stuff was thrashed.
Don't forget John Frusciante uses one too..

I'd definetly pay that for it..
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
can someone comment on greenbacks? What are they good for? Disadvantages?
1550 for the head an cab is a brilliant deal. there's only one problem i can think of with the jubilee. its really really shiny and hard to see controls in the dark...

edit: greenbacks are very good for classic rock - hard rock, goes very well with a marshall imo
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Aug 27, 2007,
Quote by zwound
can someone comment on greenbacks? What are they good for? Disadvantages?
Quite vintage sounding, very warm with plenty of low mids and bass, they're really the perfect match for the High-mid prominent (v. bright) Marshalls IMO.
get the silver jubilee now.that amp is the best ive heard so far, and it kills me when i remmember how it was when i playd it and i go home to my ibanez 25 watt ****box

get it now!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Damn, The budget is pulling really tight with the cab...is it a good deal though with the cab, or could i get equivelent for cheaper, later on?
get a different cab if its to much.sorry i cant recomend you one.i still say get the head no matter what.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by zwound
Damn, The budget is pulling really tight with the cab...is it a good deal though with the cab, or could i get equivelent for cheaper, later on?

Erm check out how much avatar charge for a 2x12 with greenbacks and see the cost difference. I would definitely try and pull for that Marshall cab though - the seller would rather sell both and that'd give you more bargaining power.
Quote by zwound
where can i find those...avatars you speak about?

They're an american company - google for them. I don';t think they ship worldwide though, and I don't know about availiability of stuff in your country. But $350 for a cab is what, £170? That's pretty cheap over here for a nice cab like that.

Plus remember you'll have the matching look. You may not be able to find one again, they;re quite rare because people like to hang onto them. And with good reason!
hmm, i guess you're right...

anyway 358 for an avatar + shipping will end up being more than 350 bucks for a genuine marshall matching white 2x12...i guess it would be smarter to buy the marshall...i just need to get a loan from my parents
go for it, they sound great, they're rare, and they're ****ing SILVER
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
im talking about the color, those amps probably have the best stage presence of any amp I've ever seen, and they're gorgeous
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
they are!

They're white and shiny...and how many other marshalls are.

silver jubilees are like the gandalfs of the amp world.
and the MG's are like Gollum, small and gross
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild