I have an LC30 and I'm going to buy a Celestion V30 speaker for it, however I'm not sure whether I need to get the 8 ohm version or the 16 ohm version.

There's a small switch on the back for 8 ohm or 4 ohm and with the current speaker it's set to 8 ohm, so does this mean I need the 8 ohm celestion V30?

It may be a bit of a stupid question, but I just want to make sure before I blow something up
Better safe than sorry.

Looks like an 8 ohm speaker is what you need. I'm guessing the 4 ohm setting is for running an 8 ohm extension cab.

What kind of sound are you hoping to get from this upgrade?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well I've heard the old laneys H/H speakers were quite poor, but also that the newer celestion 70/80's aren't all that great either.

so yeah I've heard a lot of good things about the Celestion V30. Researched into it a bit and I hear it can give me quite good modern rock tones.

It will help me achieve this, right? moreso than it's current celestion 70/80
Yeah, it's a good modern/heavy rock speaker. Just asking, because it seems like the default speaker for a lot of people on UG. It happens to be a good fit for you, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i agree with slats. might be worth looking into eminence too, their governor (their v30, basically) and wizard (their g12h30) might be worth a look too. I guess celestion's g12h30 may be worth a look too. though it'll be a bit more vintage sounding than the v30.

I'd probably go v30 if you play more than 50% modern stuff, but still with an appreciable amount of vintage stuff, while i'd probably go g12h30 (or wizard, though i haven't tried both those eminence versions) if i played more than 50% vintage stuff, but still a reasonable amount of modern stuff.

I think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
might as well look into the governor too, in that case.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?