I have no calluses, and ive been playing 2 hours a day for almost a year. Please help.
maybe you have and you haven't noticed, does it still hurt? Have you been on hoilday away from your guitar recently?
I went to a camp for a month but that was just recently, I havent ever gotten a single callus
what do you play?
If it doesn't hurt you probably have hard skin grown on your fingers
How high off the fretboard/what gauge are your strings? Sounds like you need to go up a size or two.
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
I've been playing nearly two years, I don't have calluses and I still get the ridges in my fingers but my fingers don't hurt so I think some people just get harder skin, not neccesarily calluses.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
I don't have any calluses after nearly 4 years...

So, what's the problem?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

You will eventually get callouses instead of hard skin with ridges, but it takes up to 4-5 years of playing almost every day for that I believe.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Last edited by J.MitMetallica at Aug 27, 2007,
....I can get blisters after an hour of playing, that within a week turn into calluses.
I've got calluses, well, hard skin with ridges anyway, and I've only been playing for just under 17 months now.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Sorry it was meant to mean "more than" or instead of
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
my callouses came in after a couple months of playing... i guess maybe thats just cause when i first started i would never put it down, lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial