ok. this is a contest for a zeppelin song.

basically you cover any zeppelin song you want in any way. i.e. fingerstyle, death metal, acoustic, or the same as the studio recording, etc.

you can do part of a song or the whole song. whatever you want. note: if two people have the same song, and they are both good, but only one has the solo, most likely the latter will score higher (unless the solo sucks)

Rules
-1 entry per person
-you are allowed to do the same song as someone else
-guitar is the instrument you will be judged on* but you can have different instruments in your recording that will not affect your score.
-*If you want, you can do a different instrument, such as bass, or trombone, as your primary one, as long as the instrument part is sufficient enough so that it carries the melody and/or tune of the song, as you ar ebeing scored on recognisability of the song. if you decide to do this, other instruments are allowed as long as your main instrument stands out. also, make sure that you say what instrument you chose

I want to announce the winners september 10 (two weeks) but that will most likely be extended

i am looking for 4 more judges apart from myself and also as many contestants that sign up. just say that you wnat to be a judge and i will sign you up.

to enter, post what song you did, how you did it (flamenco, Screamo), and then a link to where it is or put it in your profile.

if you want an extension, just say so and you will most likely get one as long as there haven't already been tons of them.

You will be judged using this scoring system:
There are four categories. Each judge will rate all the entries with a score of 1-5 (5 is the best) in each category. then all the judges scores will be added together. for a total of 25 points in each category (as long as there are 5 judges). i will PM all the judges when the contest ends. as soon as i get their scores, i will post the added ones for all to see. each category is then added together for a top score of 100.
Here are the 4 categories:
Creativity/Originality
Technique
Instrument Skill
Recognizable as the song it is supposed to be

If you win, you get no physical prize, but you will be able to tell everyone how you won the led zeppelin cover contest. plus, i'll respect you.

This has been extended. I'm gonna try and have it end on October 31st, so there is more than a month left.

Judges
-gtrhero93
-JilaX^
-ledzeppwn
-BGSM
-iguitar

Contestants
-Ferrarone--Over the Hills and Far Away
-Sadamoto6--Whole Lotta Love
-guitarshredder8--Stairway to Heaven
-st.jimmy4091680--the ocean
-LedDaveZeppelin--Black Dog
-DeMars--Rain Song
-iimjpii--the rover
-piginacanoe212--dyer maker
-zeppelinpage4--black dog or the rover

Advice for Recording
a great way to record for free is to download audacity (free), use a computer mic, and your all set.
Last edited by gtrhero93 at Nov 18, 2007,
I'll be a judge..please.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
alright
-Gibson SG Faded
-Behringer HB01 Wah (I realize it sucks, but i have no money right now)
-Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
-Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger
-I'm not gonna list my amp until I get a decent one
Thanks
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
í ´ll maybe join with "over the hills and far away", if i can get it down
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
whole lotta love.
Gear:

Guitars:
Dean ML-X
Peavy Raptor
silvertone ciation(my first baby

Amps:
Epiphone Slingshot 25R
Peavy Transtube series amp (idk model number)
Silvertone Amp

Pedals:
CB Wah Wah Pedal
when is the deadline set?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
nenvermind i have to drop out. nothing i record with my cheap recording gear sounds good. sounds great in person though!
As I suck on guitar, but love Zeppelin above anything, I'll be a judge
Is it too late? If not I might be able to throw in a cover. Probably Black Dog or The Rover...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
So far these people are the contestants and judges. I'm gonna make sure the contestants actually have songs recorded, then PM the judges with everything they need to know. Once I receive the scores from everybody, I'll post the winner.

If there is anyone else who wants to enter or be a substitute judge, do so quickly and i might fit you in.

If you are a contestant, please have your song done in the next couple of days. Thanks.

the following people don't have there songs done:
Ferrarone
Sadamoto6
guitarshredder8
st.jimmy4091680
iimjpii
piginacanoe212
zeppelinpage4

please get those done so we can end this contest.

Quote by gtrhero93

Judges
-gtrhero93
-JilaX^
-ledzeppwn
-BGSM
-iguitar

Contestants
-Ferrarone--Over the Hills and Far Away
-Sadamoto6--Whole Lotta Love
-guitarshredder8--Stairway to Heaven
-st.jimmy4091680--the ocean
-LedDaveZeppelin--Black Dog
-DeMars--Rain Song
-iimjpii--the rover
-Gibson SG Faded
Last edited by gtrhero93 at Nov 18, 2007,
Okay. so here is what's going on right now.

i have heard back from judges JilaX^ and BGSM.

I have also heard from contestants ferrarone and sadamoto6, while LedDaveZeppelin, DeMars, and zeppelinpage4 have finished their recordings.

So basically judges ledzeppwn and iguitar and contestants guitarshredder8, st.jimmy4091680, iimjjpii, and piginacanoe212 need to contact me.

THESE PEOPLE HAVE ONE WEEK TO RESPOND TO ME OR I WILL END THE CONTEST WITH WHO WE HAVE.

i will PM judges again when the contest ends. i am not going to pm the no-show contestants, because i've already pm'd everybody and if they didn't get the first one, they won't get this.

if anyone else wants to join that's still accepted, as long as you already have your recording either done or close to completion.

FINISH RECORDING PLEASE!!!! I WANT TO END THIS CONTEST!!!!
-Gibson SG Faded
Alright. the contest is over. I'm going to PM the judges and when i get there scores i will Post the winner.

I'm pretty sure we only have three contestants now. and two judges besides myself.
-Gibson SG Faded
Ok. so i got the scores from the judges, but unfortunately, BGSM has been banned, so it's just JilaX^ and myself as the judges.

plus, we got one more contestant who should be putting his song up very soon: Sadamoto6.

so, it'll still be a couple more days before i get a winner.

sorry about the quadruple post. I'm not trying to bump the thread. I just want to differentiate between the different postings, and an edit doesn't quite do that.
-Gibson SG Faded
Okay. the contest has ended, and i have the final scores.

despite the fact that we started with nine contestants and 5 judges, it ended with three contestants and two judges.

JilaX^ and myself are the judges. Here are the scores. each category is out of 10

LedDaveZeppelin:

Black Dog
Creativity/Originality- 5
Technique- 8
Instrument Skill- 9
Recognizable- 7
Total- 29

DeMars:
Rain Song
Creativity/Originality- 8
Technique- 8
Instrument Skill- 8.5
Recognizable- 8
Total- 32.5

ZeppelinPage4
The Rover
Creativity/Originality- 4
Technique- 7
Instrument Skill- 6
Recognizable- 9
Total- 26

AND THE WINNER OF THE LED ZEPPELIN COVER CONTEST IS: DeMars!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, man. Fell free to put that in your sig or something. Again, there is no physical prize, but you should feel pretty good.

and to 2nd place and 3rd place, you rock too.
-Gibson SG Faded
Thanks to gtrhero93 & JilaX^ for organizing the Led Zeppelin contest. I heard the other entries & they were very good. Thanks for choosing my Rain Song cover No.1

DeMars

P.S. Check out this guys Zep covers. They're the best I've heard!!!

http://www.youtube.com/jun626