Page 1 of 3
Why do some people cut their wrists? I dont see any point to it at all
"And then there was a chair....Alternating the movement of its feet like a horse, the chair runs up to my bed, climbs up into it--and I make love to the wooden chair(uncomfortable, painful)."
This will probably get closed but yeah.

Some people do it to look cool, to get attention, some do it because they have a problem and it gets their mind off other stuff.
^x3 Don't write things you clearly know nothing about.

OMGZ. A thread in the pit that people write in that they know nothing about?! What a fuckin' shocker.

Not all people who cut, do it for attention assholes. You could know someone and be their bestfriend and not know that they cut, and considering your distorted perception on why people cut, I would understand why they wouldn't tell you. A lot of people who self harm, do it because they feel as though it's a way to express their anger. It's because they weren't taught how to deal with anger/rage/depression so they feel like the only way to feel better is to harm themself. They feel like they're making their pain no longer emotional but physical. You can deal with physical pain, because you can put a bandaid on it right? So it's as though they're handling their anger in the only way that they know how.

Also, self harming isn't a suicide attempt. If you're cutting your wrists to die, then yes, but "self harming" isn't to kill yourself. It's to hurt yourself, and feel better.
Last edited by _testament_ at Aug 27, 2007,
But some people think that inflicting pain upon themselves is a way to let anger out, and take it to "the man." However, those people are retarted.
The.
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
no pussy would have the balls to slit their wrists

Someone with balls would kill themself.
Pussies do not.
Quote by _testament_

OMGZ. A thread in the pit that people write in that they know nothing about?! What a fuckin' shocker.

What are you talking about...??
Quote by AthenasGhost
This will probably get closed but yeah.

Some people do it to look cool, to get attention, some do it because they have a problem and it gets their mind off other stuff.

look cool
jeez some people are really messed up
"And then there was a chair....Alternating the movement of its feet like a horse, the chair runs up to my bed, climbs up into it--and I make love to the wooden chair(uncomfortable, painful)."
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
well i have 6 nice big scars on my wrist, i wanted to die, i was dying, i felt myself going but i was rushed to the hospital by my girlfriend, are you saying i dont have balls?

I think he's talking about people who aren't actually attempting suicide...I don't understand people committing suicide anyway. WTF is that depressing? You realize that when life is over that's it...it's not like you get another chance to unscrew whatever is fucking you up.
^actually, yes, you are a coward. You have a girlfriend who loves you enough to save your life and you actually think it's ok to not face up to life and its challenges.
Before this explodes, unless you've experienced self harm first hand, you won't get it, so shut up with the pussies.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
well i have 6 nice big scars on my wrist, i wanted to die, i was dying, i felt myself going but i was rushed to the hospital by my girlfriend, are you saying i dont have balls?

Killing yourself isn't fucking couragious,you're just escaping your life instead of dealing with it like a man .
Everyone can kill themselves..
Wolv
Quote by PullTigerTail
Before this explodes, unless you've experienced self harm first hand, you won't get it, so shut up with the pussies.

You could say the same about a great deal of things...if this is true then I'd rather not relate.
Killing yourself is extremely cowardly. Getting on with life is the brave thing to do.
"Boohoohoo I'm a middle class white kid with prospects, a nice house and everything I need boohoohoo" - Actual emo.

People with real problems more often than not just get on with it.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by ShaunFrusciante

yes
Quote by ShaunFrusciante

hey look, dad! a fag!
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
Quote by PullTigerTail

Correct.

I'm not agreeing that suicide is the thing to do. But excuse me, not everyone that commits suicide is upset about their suburban life. Some people actually have problems. It's pathetic that no one takes the time to understand or learn anything about anything anymore. If you don't know a thing about suicide or people who self harm, then don't comment?! Why are you people in here acting like you're an amazing psychologist when you clearly know NOTHING, about this stuff :/

BTW, if you don't understand the concept of suicide, why not look up any story about a person who has suffered trauma in their life. For example, someone who has been abused, someone who has been raped, someone who has lost someone very close to them their mom and dad died), and on and on and on.

If any of you had a brain, you'd look stuff up like this on the internet, it's not that hard.

Self Harm Info ..
Last edited by _testament_ at Aug 27, 2007,
Can people stop being dicks? If you don't know about cutting, you don't have an opinion on it. Not an educated opinion anyway. So STFU and GTFO. It happens, accept it. If you don't experience it, why waste your time putting other people down for it?
Quote by VivaLaJam
'Cause they're depressed so it gets rage out.
It's basically a pussies way of trying to kill themselves.

Self harming differs from suicide. People who self harm are depressed but are using slitting their wrists, etc as a way to cope and carry on with life. People who want to kill themselves just do it.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Enough with the name calling. I just wanted to know why people cut
Quote by VivaLaJam
Someone with balls would kill themself.
Pussies do not.

Nope, wrong.

A pussy would kill themself, someone with balls would carry on with her ****ty life, and try makin' things better for themselves, instead of duckin' out of it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Can people stop being dicks? If you don't know about cutting, you don't have an opinion on it. Not an educated opinion anyway. So STFU and GTFO. It happens, accept it. If you don't experience it, why waste your time putting other people down for it?

I'm not putting anyone down, I acknowledge that I know nothing about it, and therefore am asking someone to justify it to me or enlighten me as to what exactly the point would be.
Quote by _testament_

Not all people who cut, do it for attention assholes. You could know someone and be their bestfriend and not know that they cut, and considering your distorted perception on why people cut, I would understand why they wouldn't tell you. A lot of people who self harm, do it because they feel as though it's a way to express their anger. It's because they weren't taught how to deal with anger/rage/depression so they feel like the only way to feel better is to harm themself. They feel like they're making their pain no longer emotional but physical. You can deal with physical pain, because you can put a bandaid on it right? So it's as though they're handling their anger in the only way that they know how.

Also, self harming isn't a suicide attempt. If you're cutting your wrists to die, then yes, but "self harming" isn't to kill yourself. It's to hurt yourself, and feel better.

Thank you so much. I completely agree with you. I'm glad there's someone here who thinks like I do. Well said.
Pissed.
Quote by The Warlokk
Cause they have problems that you don't understand.

Of course i dont understand. Thats why i started this thread
Quote by denizenz
I'm not putting anyone down, I acknowledge that I know nothing about it, and therefore am asking someone to justify it to me or enlighten me as to what exactly the point would be.

I was putting my point across to the dicks near the top of the 1st page... but why should someone justify it to you? Isn't it enough just to accept that it happens, and move on?
I'm not agreeing that suicide is the thing to do. But excuse me, not everyone that commits suicide is upset about their suburban life. Some people actually have problems. It's pathetic that no one takes the time to understand or learn anything about anything anymore. If you don't know a thing about suicide or people who self harm, then don't comment?! Why are you people in here acting like you're an amazing psychologist when you clearly know NOTHING, about this stuff :/

We're not talking about suicide. We're talking attention *****s. That's what it boils down to.

Having to go to hospital for it's a whole other category, I wouldn't assume that's just for attention, but those emo kids who cut themselves need to get some perspective.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
i think its people that dont know or werent taught how to vent their anger or sadness

Jack my swag
Actually cutting your wrist would hardly even kill you

From Wikipedia
Cutting Wrists
This entails cutting through the wrists & may damage the tendons, ulnar and median nerves which control the muscles of the hand, which can result in temporary or permanent reduction in sensory and motor abilities. [1]

It is not an immediately lethal method, as the arteries tend to try to spasm shut in response to blood loss. Bleeding to death by veins is even harder and rarer. It can take a few hours or even more to finally die from the blood loss, depending on a number of variables. It is popularly believed that wrist-slashing is more lethal if the cut is made along the length of the arm than across, due to the difficulty of repairing a lengthwise cut of a blood vessel. However, this method has little effect on mortality: while it is indeed much harder to repair the damage after the danger of blood loss has passed, it is no more difficult for rescue workers to prevent bleeding via compression, torniquette and other standard methods.

I'd say the best way to kill yourself is shooting at the head .
Wolv
Last edited by Thedarkwolf at Aug 27, 2007,
Quote by Hobolad
We're not talking about suicide. We're talking attention *****s. That's what it boils down to.

Having to go to hospital for it's a whole other category, I wouldn't assume that's just for attention, but those emo kids who cut themselves need to get some perspective.

AHAHAH. Here's a wake up call, not everyone who self harms is emo. It's pathetic you all think that. AND, that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about people who self harm. Not emo whiney attention seekers. Not everyone who cuts is seeking attention. Read up on it if you think you know so much about it.
Quote by Thedarkwolf
Actually cutting your wrist would hardly even kill you

From Wikipedia

What if you got AIDS from sharing razors?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was putting my point across to the dicks near the top of the 1st page... but why should someone justify it to you? Isn't it enough just to accept that it happens, and move on?

I could do that...we could also do that about genocide. However, I'm interested in finding out why it is that people would take their own life...I don't personally believe I could ever find myself in a situation that would call for suicide so I have a difficult time relating. ShaunFrusciante has obviously gone through it so I wanted to know what exactly he was struggling with that suicide would have solved for him.
Quote by cptncacklefanny
What if you got AIDS from sharing razors?

Well that would just give you AIDS,unless you want an extremely slow and painful death,that's not the best way to go ...
Yet again,you're trying to kill yourself,why not spend a little on a new razor ?
Wolv
Last edited by Thedarkwolf at Aug 27, 2007,
Emoz lool!! j/k

To be serious i have never cut myself or know anyone who has or would, but i cant see why people would though.
OMFG

I can't believe how naive everyone here is.

hm. I'd also like to give a big fuck you out to everyone. I usually don't like sharing personal information with the assholes of UG. But seriously. Some of us have had friends/family who have commited suicide and it's fucking insulting as hell when you act like it's not a big deal. Really.
Quote by denizenz
I could do that...we could also do that about genocide. However, I'm interested in finding out why it is that people would take their own life...I don't personally believe I could ever find myself in a situation that would call for suicide so I have a difficult time relating. ShaunFrusciante has obviously gone through it so I wanted to know what exactly he was struggling with that suicide would have solved for him.

Suicide presents an end to your problems, it's not necessarily that people actually want to die but they feel its the only way left for them to solve their problems.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by _testament_
OMFG

I can't believe how naive everyone here is.

hm. I'd also like to give a big fuck you out to everyone. I usually don't like sharing personal information with the assholes of UG. But seriously. Some of us have had friends/family who have commited suicide and it's fucking insulting as hell when you act like it's not a big deal. Really.

It is a big deal to be sure...I'm just trying to understand it.

And for what it's worth, I'm sorry about your family/friends.

Quote by Jakeylee111
Suicide presents an end to your problems, it's not necessarily that people actually want to die but they feel its the only way left for them to solve their problems.

An end is not necessarily a solution, and it obviously isn't the only option. I just don't believe it to be a rational way to deal. However, I do understand that emotional trauma can leave you in an irrational state...
Last edited by denizenz at Aug 27, 2007,
Page 1 of 3