Okay...
I'm 14 years old...
Listen to all kinds of metal...heavy...death...progressive...
I've been playing for the past 6-7 months...but I'm not a beginner...have shown a lot of determination till now...
I've been trying to pick up Economy Picking and got a Metronome - a Korg MA-30(What most people have). It's tempo ranges from 40-208 bpm.
Now, what confuses me here is...Everyone is saying that 150-160 bpm is a great deal...but playing at the max tempo(208 bpm) seems WAY too easy for comfort.
I've been playing one note per tick...and 208 bpm is a piece of cake...i can play at least 2-3 times faster...I know i'm doing something wrong...am i supposed to play more notes per tick interval?...I'm confused...please help me out guys!!!
After reading this i understand that u are a beginner at best. try playing quarter notes and different note values of 200bpm. also u cant play 2-3 times fast that 208 bpm cause that is 624bpm and that is impossible.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Try playing 2 notes per click of the metronome (8th notes). After you get that down, try 4 notes per click (16th notes). You won't be seeing the 200+ bpm on the metronome for a looooooong time, trust me
well if you can do 200, one a click, then go back to like 60 or so, doing 4 a click, so that its the same as doing 240 or so, and as far as i know , this is why people find around 150-180 hard, as they are playing four notes per click, so thats like a conisderable amount higer than 200 a minute.
yeah you're supposed to play more notes ''per tick'', like for example if you play 16 notes per tick you will definetly have to lower the tempo on the metronome.
See this is where i'm confused...
is 180 bpm = 3 Notes per second?...
Do you just divide the bpm by 3 and get the Notes per second?...
Many posts don't say so...
they say 260 bpm is 18 notes per second....and according to my metronome, 180 bpm IS 3 notes per second...and that's how it should be using simple maths...
60 Bpm = 1 Note per second
But from what i hear these tempos are supposed to be pretty fast....which is not applying here...
i can play about 8 notes per second...now how many brm is that supposed to be?
ok while i was typing my above post i see man y people have replied...thanks a lot...i couldn't be more grateful...