I live in the Uk, and have £500 to spend on a new amp. That's roughly $1,006.64 USD.

I play a lots of stuff, but mainly metal (thrash, a little death, and Maiden-like stuff) and classic rock like AC/DC, The Who, Guns 'N' Roses etc...

I'd need a pretty versatile amp, preferable all-tube, for playing small gigs (roughly 50w all-tube then). I liked the look of ENGL's, but they're very expensive, even here. So I'm looking for something like the Screamer or Soveriegn combos.

Any suggestions? I really want a combo, but a cheaper halfstack would do, although I suspect that ones in this price range would be poor quality (Marshall MG, anyone?).
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
I'm not pretty sure if you would like it but maybe a Laney GH50L? though it's a head and most likely, you'll need to run it on 2x12 or 4x12 cabs.

Thought you might also want to look for a Laney LC's. Used Marshall JCM800's and Orange Rocker 30's
Yea a used Marshall JCM800 or an Orange Rocker 30
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I recommend a Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 combo. Its really versatile and you can really nail slash's tone. If you want something with more distortion a laney GH-50L would be a good choice.
GH50L, JCM800 or Rocker 30.

Try them out and see which you prefer.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
dsl401 might even be worth a look, though if you can stretch to the screamer (even second hand), i'd probably prefer that, though YMMV etc.

laney tt combo (again second hand) maybe, or if you can find a vc50 combo (i believe there's one on ebay at the moment).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave - What's the site doing the rg50tc's for 200 quid? I've forgotten the address. That may be a good option. A good option would also be a Laney GH50 (as mentioned already).

Good luck
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

andertons, i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Rocker 30.

TT + 2x12 if you want to invest in a cab for an upgrade/different head.

Both amps above will do your music nicely, the Rocker 30 with a lot more versatility though so I'd get that.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by jimbob78
Dave - What's the site doing the rg50tc's for 200 quid? I've forgotten the address. That may be a good option. A good option would also be a Laney GH50 (as mentioned already).

Good luck

just to point out, i checked on andertons, and those ex-demo/returned but fixed rg50tc's seem to be gone...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh arse... Thanks for checking anyway mate. There seem to be a lot of decent suggestions in this thread already. A boosted jcm800 would be pretty cool, as would a jcm900 mk3 of you can get your hands on one. I thought the orange rocker was quite a bit over £500?

There are many fine amps available to you
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Andertons only ever had one of each of the Randalls on special and the RG50TC was snapped up by another UG'er a few weeks ago.
save up an extra £100 and get yourself an orange rocker. but for £500 you could get a tiny terror and a fairly decent cab
Quote by halikus
Andertons only ever had one of each of the Randalls on special and the RG50TC was snapped up by another UG'er a few weeks ago.

ah ok, i didn't realise that.

i thought the rocker 30 went for around £550?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok, i didn't realise that.

i thought the rocker 30 went for around £550?
More like £600 and upwards AFAIK. That's the combo though.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^ dang, you're right, they've gone up.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?