How the hell do you put the strings onto a fender deluxe player's strat?! The tuning machines are crazy!

I took them off without looking cz im an idiot, and now i have no idea how to put the next set of strings on. Cmon guys someone must know!
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
theres no eye to thread the string through, just a slit across the top with a hole in the centre
Quote by sargasm

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

You're not meant to take them ALL off and then put the next set on.

It screws the trem up.

On my strat I take off the three top strings, put the new top strings on, then do the same with the bottom.

If you take them all off at one time it messes with the tremolo springs.

Also, on a strat, the strings go through the BACK of the guitar.

Turn your guitar over and you'll see.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
You're not meant to take them ALL off and then put the next set on.

It screws the trem up.

On my strat I take off the three top strings, put the new top strings on, then do the same with the bottom.

If you take them all off at one time it messes with the tremolo springs.

well i've done it now, its too late. the more important factor is the fact that my guitar has no strings and i have no idea how to put any on.

help!
Quote by sargasm

did you look on the back of the guitar man? all fenders that i know of are strung up through the back..
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
they sound like theyre like a bass, shove the string down the middle of the slit, bend, and wind.

you have to trim them FIRST. so measure them up against the old ones
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Aug 27, 2007,
Quote by NakedManInABush
did you look on the back of the guitar man? all fenders that i know of are strung up through the back..

ye i know. i've got the strings through the back, through the bridge, over the nut and then the tuners are way different from my squier. so unless i can sort this, im screwed.
Quote by sargasm

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
they sound like theyre like a bass, shove the string down the middle of the slit, bend, and wind.

you have to trim them FIRST. so measure them up against the old ones

string goes here v
__ __
/ l l \

Ok thanx, what a bout the top 3? they just spring out when i start winding.
Quote by sargasm

dude, lol calm down, just go to google and search in re-stringing guitar, and they're will be something that specifies with those machine heads
after theyre about the same length as the old ones, shove it in the hole and bend it so its parallel with the neck and the metal actually holds its shape then wind like buggery.

then stop being such a goddam noob

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
after theyre about the same length as the old ones, shove it in the hole and bend it so its parallel with the neck and the metal actually holds its shape then wind like buggery.

then stop being such a goddam noob

Ye i do that, the E, A and D strings are on fine, but whenever I try to put on the G string (lol) it springs back out of the hole tuner
Quote by sargasm

if you have to, loop it round the peg once and pull it tight then try to maintain the tension while you wind