i just purchased the sh-2 jazz neck and jb bridge Duncan pickup set for my les paul custom and am waiting to go get someone to solder them in for me but...i was curious if anyone knew if once they were installed my default gold pickup covers would fit over the new duncans? i mean those covers really help make the alpine white custom look nice and i think just the normal pickups showing would look kinda blah-zay....any help would be appreciated...i mean suggestions, maybe if i bought new gold pickup covers...i left the duncans sealed in case i needed to take them back so....yeah
You could've bought the Duncans individually in gold covers(Yes, SD does that.)

But right now, all I could tell you is that you should wax pot the covers into their pickups BEFORE you solder them into the guitar.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
where would you order duncans with the gold covers

i'm going to be getting the alnico 2 pro and a custom 5 but i wanna get them in gold for my white lp! where would i do this?
Musiciansfriend has the Alnico II pro in gold. Zzounds has the JB/Jazz in gold. I don't see a gold Custom ,though, sorry.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo