Hey I'm new to the forums and I'm in the middle of building a tele with a couple of variations on it. Since this is my first build i decided not to build the neck instead i'm using an old neck from one of my guitars. My question is how to know where to place the holes in the body for the neck screws so that they line if with the existing holes in the neck.

Thanks for any help
Andrew
A good way to do this is get a piece of paper and cut it so its EXACTLY like the neck pocket shape and size. Then place it on the neck joint and line it up correctly and hold the neck up to a light, where the light shines thru onto the paper carefully mark with a pen. Now place the paper in the neck pocket and drill where the ink is.
Good luck.
use the neck to make a paper template then use the template on the guitar to find where it should be/where you want it. its a little tricky to get lined up, just measure a few times and tape it in place
alright... i did that and it seems to have worked. Except the neck seems to get pulled forward in the pocket when the screws are put in.... hopefully its not enought to mess up the intonation of the guitar...

thanks again
andrew
Quote by andyrewandyrew
alright... i did that and it seems to have worked. Except the neck seems to get pulled forward in the pocket when the screws are put in.... hopefully its not enought to mess up the intonation of the guitar...

thanks again
andrew

Did you place the bridge yet? I'd hope not...
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
no.... i have routed the hole through the guitar for the bridge but i purposly made it small so that i can expand it either way so it should be a problem.