Hey all!

I'm new to this forum, even though I've been using UG.com a lot before. Today I was playing a solo, and in the middle of it, I broke my high e string. My friend (over MSN) said that I could probably just put it on again; that there's no need to buy a new string. It sounds really easy, however, I have never done it before. I have no idea how to put the string back into it's original place. First, I just tried insert the string into the hole in the bridge, but it just came out at the back of the guitar. I can't see how the other strings have been attached to the bridge, I don't have to completely take of the bridge, do I?

There are lots of guides on how to do it with acoustic guitars, but I can't find any help on how to do it with an electric guitar. If it matters, I have a floating bridge.

Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Martin
.... A string costs about a dollar. Buy a new string.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
I assume that you have a strat style trem.

If so, then no. You've got to buy a new set

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

there's a video on youtube on how to salvage a broken string for guitars with a floating trem
It's not that I can't afford buying a new string, but I don't live next to the music store. I just want to put it back on and continue playing.
Quote by Cerasti
It's not that I can't afford buying a new string, but I don't live next to the music store. I just want to put it back on and continue playing.

Well i know my friend does it with his epi LP, he sort of ties the string around the bridge.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
And while I'm asking questions; what exactly is a tremolo? It seems to be used for a lot for a lot of things.
Just by all new strings, they're only like five bucks for a pack of six. I reccommend D'Addario XL .10-.46
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War