You might get 'done' if the fliers etc cause excessive litter in the city. I'd advise against it, maybe perhaps spread by word a website you have or your myspace if thats your thing.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Will the police really mind either way?

I went around with a mate a while before one of their gigs taping up flyers everywhere (even one on the side of a police van ) and got no hassle
Quote by DanRev
Will the police really mind either way?

I went around with a mate a while before one of their gigs taping up flyers everywhere (even one on the side of a police van ) and got no hassle

Cool. Well...i don't mean thousands of them !!!
Alternativley, go to a car park, and right on the cars by clearing the mud off :P
aka Clean me plx.

Quote by Miggy01
Just do it, if it's stickers promoting albums no-one will really care, just stick them on every lampost and walls and things. Just not on people's property.

Also, there is a venue in Cambridge that says if you advertise your gig with flyering it'll get cancelled, so be wary of that with venues.
Quote by Alix_D
Just do it, if it's stickers promoting albums no-one will really care, just stick them on every lampost and walls and things. Just not on people's property.

Also, there is a venue in Cambridge that says if you advertise your gig with flyering it'll get cancelled, so be wary of that with venues.

Oh really? I was gonna get some gigs there, so thanks for that information.
Didn't know you were from Bury

It's Man On The Moon that operates that policy, Cellar Bar 8 doesn't give a crap. Maybe you should do a gig with my band at some point?

I better see your stickers all over Cambridge next time i'm there by the way!
Quote by Alix_D
Didn't know you were from Bury

It's Man On The Moon that operates that policy, Cellar Bar 8 doesn't give a crap. Maybe you should do a gig with my band at some point?

I better see your stickers all over Cambridge next time i'm there by the way!

Hahahah

Thanks man!! Whereabouts you from?

Here: check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/joshseldis

Yeah, i'd definately be up for that - it's just me and a guitar What's your music like?

Thanks man
Josh
Mine's epic metal with 24 piece orchestra. Thanks for asking.

Quote by Miggy01
Quote by jseldis
Hahahah

Thanks man!! Whereabouts you from?

Here: check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/joshseldis

Yeah, i'd definately be up for that - it's just me and a guitar What's your music like?

Thanks man
Josh

We're based in Saffron Walden, but we play where we can!

I like it, you've got a good voice and some good lyrics, I like the rhyme of qualms and arms

We're rock, check out our website, there's some videos and songs on there, it's in my sig \/.

I've added you on myspace by the way!
Quote by Alix_D
We're based in Saffron Walden, but we play where we can!

I like it, you've got a good voice and some good lyrics, I like the rhyme of qualms and arms

We're rock, check out our website, there's some videos and songs on there, it's in my sig \/.

I've added you on myspace by the way!

Well, i do need some gigs...so i'd really appreciate some bookings with you guys. I'll have a listen now.
Well we're just waiting for people to get back from holiday so we can sort out gigs and things, i've got a few bands down who can play, but an acoustic act is good to have because it's a lot less to set up ect...

Quote by Alix_D
Well we're just waiting for people to get back from holiday so we can sort out gigs and things, i've got a few bands down who can play, but an acoustic act is good to have because it's a lot less to set up ect...

How many people do you tend to get at your gigs then?
Yeah, i guess so...by the way, i have some more rocking tunes than on the myspace...they were written for a road safety film
Haha, I like your music, you should get some more of your stuff uploaded, god knows we'd love to, those songs were recorded in January, we're recording in a few weeks!

First gig was about 300 people, but it was a festival thing, we've had our other gigs cancelled, CB8 ****ed us around, so it's hard to say. I know I could get a fair few people turn up though!