Hey everyone. I've just started hanging about in this part of the forum because I'm starting to get into recording and am about to go to college to study Sound Engineering. I've already picked up som enice tips from the likes of BrianApocalypse and the FAQ is rather helpful. But I was wondering is there any books/magazines I could be reading to supplement my learning. I've ordered Home Recording for Dummies from Amazon and have been recommended a couple of books, but have forgotten the names...

I'm after the basics mainly, but anything I can get my teeth into will be of use.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Sound on Sound is the best magazine you can get out there...

Its the one with the latest, most useful and most unbiased information and reviews...

There're loads of books you can get too...

www.record-producer.com is another good website with loads of short articles on loads of production topics and tips.

That stuff might be above your head if you're a complete beginner though...

For the basics this forum is a really good place. The production tips is a good thread too...

And once i'm done with my exams, i'll post a good few beginners tutorials and guides in the S.E.E.S. sound engineering and recording UG group...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Aug 27, 2007,
Another recommendation for Sound on Sound. Also I really recommend you read Tweaks guide in its entirety - once you can understand all that you are well on your way to becoming somewhat proficient in the recording world.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Thanks guys. I've become a member of the S.E.E.S so I'll keep an eye out.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society