Basically I am looking to buy either a Jackson DK2 or the DK2M,

i play mostly metal but alot of alternative things such as classical and pop/punk

i want to be able to buy a versatile guitar with a trem so i can use this op experiment with different styles yada yada yaaaa...

i'm happy with my amp and dont wish to change, just to save some of you suggesting it, and i do want one of these guitars, i've plyed them and thier equals such as ibanez and some LTD's but i prefer the look and feel of these guitars...

but as reviews are quite vaired or clearly written by 12 year olds who have just bought their wet dream i was interested in seeing if any one here has had any experience with these guitars or just jacksons in general.

any one got anything i might want to know before i buy one at the end of next month for my birthday?

i mean are the trems ok, build quality all that kinda stuff...

thanks in advance... if no one replies and i get one and it falls apart i'm blaming you guys

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I was really considering this guitar for a while , it's great I played one before I moved, Plays great Feels good to play,didnt have any problems with the trem, Fretboard was comfortable to play , The only thing i Would say is to maybe switch the Seymour duncans with active emg's..
Good buy though
Cancer.
well i have a DKMG dinky the trem is ok it works most of the time stays in tune decent
but i dont know about any of the cheaper models
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Crate XT120R
(broken) Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah

lolzords
This is gonna be my next guitar. In White. Looks ammmmazing.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Isnt the only difference rly the fretboard? And even so, ur part of the I dont need a trem to be awesome club??? Rly the only thing trems are good for is if u do crazy squeals or suff like that. which, might i add, are all over modern metal music. And if u want versatility, i suggest a Strat or a Les Paul. two of the most versatile guitars ever made, especially the Strat.
Quote by qotsa1998
Isnt the only difference rly the fretboard? And even so, ur part of the I dont need a trem to be awesome club??? Rly the only thing trems are good for is if u do crazy squeals or suff like that. which, might i add, are all over modern metal music. And if u want versatility, i suggest a Strat or a Les Paul. two of the most versatile guitars ever made, especially the Strat.

yeah i'm aware i'm a meber of that club thanks... les pauls really aint that versatile, i need a guitar with a floyd for my A level music couse, my explorer cant keep up...

the main difference is that the DK2 has HSS whilst the DK2M is HH and has the maple fret board so i was thinking that if i can get a white one i'll go for the DK2...

thanks so far guys but has anyone had or got some experience with one of these guitars

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^?
Les Paul for single coil sounds, Strat for humbucker sounds?
I wouldn't call them THAT versatile. ^^"
i have been playing a friends dk2 the only litle problem is the tremolo it quite unstable with tuning (licenced floyd) but apart from that i find it a nice comfortable guitar to play
cant think of anything to put here.........
Quote by i love my .....
i have been playing a friends dk2 the only litle problem is the tremolo it quite unstable with tuning (licenced floyd) but apart from that i find it a nice comfortable guitar to play

I own the DK2M and the tremolo is wonderful for a licensed Floyd Rose... never goes out of tune, even with heavy strings and lots of abuse.
Quote by i_baked_cookies
I own the DK2M and the tremolo is wonderful for a licensed Floyd Rose... never goes out of tune, even with heavy strings and lots of abuse.

Yup, same here, but I own the DK2, I've played both though. The biggest difference between them is the maple fretboard and the H/H setup on the DK2M as opposed to the rosewood fretboard and the H/S/S setup on the DK2.
But whichever you get, dont settle with the Duncan Designed pickups, make sure its got the real Seymore Duncans in it.