I play mostly hardcore/metal, but I am also into a lot of other things, such as jazz, alternative, prog rock, etc.

I want to get some news pickups for my Ibanez SZ320 (to keep me occupied til I get a new guitar), and I was just wondering what pickups would best suit my music?

I have played on EMGs (81/85) and they were pretty good. And I know a lot of people reccomend these.

But I was just wondering if anybody had any other ideas for what would work.

Thanks.
i found the emg 81 had a brilliant hardcore sound.
my amp adds the sounds more than the pups though .
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
i found the emg 81 had a brilliant hardcore sound.
my amp adds the sounds more than the pups though .

Yeah. I am awaiting the arrival of my JSX head (gets here this week), and I imagine that will make a huge deal of difference (Seeing as I have a randall now)
Dimarzio's are very versatile and would be able to cover all the genres you said you like to play, but if you're mainly going to be playing hardcore and metal stuff, then I'd say go with the EMG 81.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
I wouldn't go with EMG's, the One time I tried them I couldn't get any tones out of them except metal. I'd wait until you get your amp, then you may find your tone fine. Personally, I wouldn't get anything high output. Rely on the amp for the gain.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Seymour Duncan Custom Custom for metal purposes.

^and yes. what kind of amp is a big thing.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
pssh emg 81 all the way forget the rest all you need is metal and you can get way more harmonics and everything else out of them