I recently got an Ibanez S520EX (stock) and I've been offered an EMG 81 for really cheap. Can anyone tell me if it's ok/possible to have a passive pickup with an active pickup in a single guitar? I'll eventually get an 85 for the neck too but until then, is this gonna work?
yea u can , but i heard that its a bitch
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
get an emg 81 in the bridge and either another 81 in the neck or an 85 in the neck either sound bad ass you're better off just holding off until you can do both i like my kerry king set cuz it gives a gain boost switch as well
Thanks for your answers but has anyone got any experience on this? I don't want to take a gamble and screw this great guitar up until I get an 85. I know I should wait, but I'm impatient when I get new stuff
Quote by s1kth
bare knuckles with out a doubt get warpigs

bare knuckle nailbombs are better imo
Quote by Azza Dutt
I see no reason why it wouldn't work

I see lots, but the main sticking point is that EMG's require 25k pots and you're average humbucker requires 500k. There's also the ballache of having two wildly differing output levels.

Basically, it's not worth the effort.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I see lots, but the main sticking point is that EMG's require 25k pots and you're average humbucker requires 500k. There's also the ballache of having two wildly differing output levels.

Ok, I'll definitely wait until I get a neck upgrade as well then!
Cheers
Quote by steven seagull

+1 to Mark.

-1 to everyone else.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.