i'm having a problem lowering my action that i never had before but i put new posts and inserts in my tremolo bridge... its not a floyd rose or anything its a piece of crap stock one thats on there i'm going to be putting an original floyd rose in there soon but in the mean time i want to lower my strings because they are way too high and the posts are spinning inside the body when i turn the inserts is there a way i can shim the posts or something so they don't move until i can get my floyd rose in there and fix up the body? i believe thats my problem because i'm turning the screw and my strings aren't getting any lower
You know that to put a Floyd Rose in a guitar that doesn't already have one, you have to cut a big chunk of your guitar, right?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i don't have to cut anything out it already has a tremolo in there that will fit a floyd rose its not like a strat style tremolo and i fixed the spinning post problem now its just a matter of getting the strings lower they're still really high
when u turn the posts, does the bridge lower? or do the strings feel high because of the neck angle?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by cowboyfromhell0
i don't have to cut anything out it already has a tremolo in there that will fit a floyd rose its not like a strat style tremolo and i fixed the spinning post problem now its just a matter of getting the strings lower they're still really high

Not all Floyd Rose designs are the same sizes. You'll need to make sure that your's is the same size as an OFR before you haul off and order one.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.