Page 1 of 2
In the United States, over 60% of adults are overweight, with 25% total (not of the 63%, but of the entire population) being fully obese. The costs of caring for problems caused by obesity cost the American public 100 billion dollars per year, either through increased insurance rates or through taxes going to medicaid and medicare.

To add insult to injury, 16% of America's servicemen and women are obese, and being too fat remains the leading cause of discharge within the military.

Obesity, however, is not only rarely seen as bad, but is actually used as a PROTECTED CLASS in several states such as Michigan, meaning that unless the obesity gets in the way of a job, an employer cannot fire or refuse to hire someone because of their weight.

97% of all cases of type-two diabetes are caused by being too fat. Obesity has also been linked

Obesity is unique in that it's an affliction caused entirely through nothing short of gluttony and sloth. Even with genetics, being healthy keeps one from being obese.

Take a look at kids these days, too. Obesity is reigning supreme. Fuck everything.
Live fast, die young.
I'm guessing 90% of that was copied and pasted. Plus, there really isn't an actual topic. It's just random statistics.
There's very few obese or even overweight people where I live. Maybe one for every 30 or 40 people.
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
--In their lifetime, an estimated 0.5 percent to 3.7 percent of females suffer from anorexia, and an estimated 1.1 percent to 4.2 percent suffer from bulimia.

--Community surveys have estimated that between 2 percent and 5 percent of Americans experience binge-eating disorder in a 6-month period.

--The mortality rate among people with anorexia has been estimated at 0.56 percent per year, or approximately 5.6 percent per decade, which is about 12 times higher than the annual death rate due to all causes of death among females ages 15-24 in the general population.

My, how complicated food can be.
Who dat?
I wish I was fat, I weigh like.. 120 pounds. I've tried everything, I eat all day, and don't exercise in the slightest. But I never gain a pound. It's bull****.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Orignially posted by MrLucky77713
Take a look at kids these days, too. Obesity is reigning supreme. **** everything.

o rly?
Quote by The Madcap
I'm guessing 90% of that was copied and pasted. Plus, there really isn't an actual topic. It's just random statistics.

No, the numbers were taken from other sites, that's all. I wasn't aware that I'm required to do original research to back my statements

Besides, the "random stats" are an outcry. Rather than attempt to solve it definitively, states are protecting it on par with race and ethnicity. Obesity is such a staple that we're equating it to people's feelings of religion. It's just disturbing. Americans should be pissed and trying to fix it rather than accommodate it to the point of protected class.
Live fast, die young.
49% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by feedthenight
Without fat people the fast food industry would fail.

Umm... boo hoo?
Live fast, die young.
Quote by spine2600
There's a big difference between overweight and fat.

Good thing I listed two different numbers, one for each, then huh? It's almost like I know that!
Live fast, die young.
Quote by MrLucky77713
Umm... boo hoo?

Are you taking your anger out on me because you cut yourself?

Relax
Good to know.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by feedthenight
Are you taking your anger out on me because you cut yourself?

Relax

Um, he didn't show any anger....stop provoking people.
Who dat?
I really noticed when I was in the States last month that there are so many fat people, it's unreal. The food portions are fucking massive over there as well.

Quote by The Madcap

Seems like a good way to start the topic, doesn't it? No need to be such a cunt.

Quote by Anarion614
Um, he didn't show any anger....stop provoking people.

You can tell emotions through a computer screen congratulations. You can be like the Dog Whisperer.
Why do you care if people are fat anyway? Are you one of those tools in gym class who make fun of the fat kids cause they can't run the mile in under nine minutes? Who get pissed off because you lose a game that no one actually cares about because the gym teacher put the pudgy kid on your team? Well to hell with you.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

What's the obesity rate in Canada and the UK? Anyone have any idea?
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
Quote by doctor_rocker
There's very few obese or even overweight people where I live. Maybe one for every 30 or 40 people.

**** yea!
MARYLAND RULES!
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I always see one fat guy or kid in the sea of adults in my everyday life. So it's not really a problem if you live by those "statistics" and actually do see fat people everywhere you go (which I dont). If people wanna get fat then go ahead. They'll be the ones paying high medical costs and eventually dying off.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Why do you care if people are fat anyway? Are you one of those tools in gym class who make fun of the fat kids cause they can't run the mile in under nine minutes? Who get pissed off because you lose a game that no one actually cares about because the gym teacher put the pudgy kid on your team? Well to hell with you.

It's costing me and every other american money. 100 billion per year. I don't care about being out of shape, I care about when people are so fat that my insurance and tax dollars have to help them with their type 2.
Live fast, die young.
Quote by Nelsean
I always see one fat guy or kid in the sea of adults in my everyday life. So it's not really a problem if you live by those "statistics" and actually do see fat people everywhere you go (which I dont). If people wanna get fat then go ahead. They'll be the ones paying high medical costs and eventually dying off.

Everyone dies some day, it's better to go out with an entire pizza in your belly than to live even longer with nothing but leaves.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by MrLucky77713
Good thing I listed two different numbers, one for each, then huh? It's almost like I know that!

That's nice fatty.
97% of all cases of type-two diabetes are caused by being too fat. Obesity has also been linked

well...NO FREAKING DUH, you're most likely fat because you eat too muich junk food and mcdonalds, which clogs your arteries and such
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by MrLucky77713
It's costing me and every other american money. 100 billion per year. I don't care about being out of shape, I care about when people are so fat that my insurance and tax dollars have to help them with their type 2.

And if it didn't go towards that, it'd go towards the war in Iraq.. Quit complaining.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by feedthenight
You can tell emotions through a computer screen congratulations. You can be like the Dog Whisperer.

Who dat?
Quote by RPGoof
Fat people should go buy some lipo and stop eating McDs.

Fat people should invest in unicycles because, fat kids on unicycles = hilarious.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
And if it didn't go towards that, it'd go towards the war in Iraq.. Quit complaining.

Yeha? My medicare/medicaid dollars and insurance dollars go to Iraq? You're a moron. That money is specifically set aside for those purposes. We could be helping cancer patients or the truly ill, or even better, we could have more affordable healthcare in this country.
Live fast, die young.
i've never understood fat people. eat when you are hungry, not for fun, not cause your friends are. jesus christ.
Quote by MrLucky77713
Yeha? My medicare/medicaid dollars and insurance dollars go to Iraq? You're a moron. That money is specifically set aside for those purposes. We could be helping cancer patients or the truly ill, or even better, we could have more affordable healthcare in this country.

haha

Good god, man, chill. You're really getting too worked up about this. Seriously. How much do you think you're giving to these evil fatties? Hm? Maybe 5 cents a day if you're lucky?

You're great with the copypasta fat statistics. How about some stats on how much of your money actually goes to helping obese people?
Quote by archangels666
haha

Good god, man, chill. You're really getting too worked up about this. Seriously. How much do you think you're giving to these evil fatties? Hm? Maybe 5 cents a day if you're lucky?

You're great with the copypasta fat statistics. How about some stats on how much of your money actually goes to helping obese people?

Helping? diet and excersize is CHEAPER than gluttonous consumption. They're helping themselves.

5 cents a day? Try the chunk of my wage that goes to health insurance and medicaid and medicare. Approximately 10 of every 150 dollars goes to medicare and medicaid alone.

So let's go with even a PALTRY salary of 15k per year.

1000 dollars. of every 15k made by americans before taxes.
Live fast, die young.
Quote by MrLucky77713
No, the numbers were taken from other sites, that's all. I wasn't aware that I'm required to do original research to back my statements

Besides, the "random stats" are an outcry. Rather than attempt to solve it definitively, states are protecting it on par with race and ethnicity. Obesity is such a staple that we're equating it to people's feelings of religion. It's just disturbing. Americans should be pissed and trying to fix it rather than accommodate it to the point of protected class.
I was referring to the fact of how they randomly appeared on the forums.
Page 1 of 2