Page 1 of 3
Yeah like I just said, im joining the marines and I was just wondering if there are any people in or that once served in the armed forces and if they have any regrets or advice or any stories that might make me feel better about going(my family and friends made me sound selfish and put me on humongous guilt trips for going and so I have felt pretty ****ty for the last couple days. They all support me now though I think...) anyways yeah.
Quote by happytimeharry
You just made my penis retract into my body in fear. Thank you for that unpleasant feeling Stinkles...

Quote by sashki
So the next day when you were a girl again, you'd stick a dead willy dickinson into yourself? Sounds wrong to me.

Lol
I know someone that is going to serve starting this year (I think)

he applied last year...

Sorry, but I'm not a military type guy myself, so I can't offer you the comfort of saying I'm gonna serve ...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Army FTW. Good luck to ya dude. It is a pleasure to meet someone with a sense of service to their country. And there is a good chance you will get some asshats that are going to flame you for your decision in this thread. Let me be the first to tell them to fukcough.
Again good luck and thank you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
One of my friends just left for the SEALs last month. He was super-psyched about it. Everyone respected his decision and were really cool about it.
why are you joining the marines?? do you actually support the war in iraq??
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Sweet, I think I'm going to join in the armed forces once I'm old enough,

Thanks! I really look up to the Armed Forces it takes a lot of balls to do that
Completely agree jackal...its good to see people standing up for what they believe and fighting for your country...best of luck threadstarter, and thank you for the sacrifices you are about to make to keep us safe.
Thx guys, lol you wouldnt think that support from random people on the internet would help but it does.
Quote by happytimeharry
You just made my penis retract into my body in fear. Thank you for that unpleasant feeling Stinkles...

Quote by sashki
So the next day when you were a girl again, you'd stick a dead willy dickinson into yourself? Sounds wrong to me.

Lol
Quote by Jackal58
Army FTW. Good luck to ya dude. It is a pleasure to meet someone with a sense of service to their country. And there is a good chance you will get some asshats that are going to flame you for your decision in this thread. Let me be the first to tell them to fukcough.
Again good luck and thank you.

pfff why defend a country that his president is the terrorist #1 in the world.

Serve your country? yeah right, u better help yourslef and the People, not serve an elite..

think about it a second.. peace
Gear :

Peavey Bandit 112, Transtube series 100 watts
Pedal zoom GFX-707
Ibanez Rg170 electric guitar
Norman Accoustic guitar, Made In Quebec
i have absolutely no sense of patriotism to this country....the government has abandoned its own citizens in favor of illegal aliens and will let its own people suffer while giving all of its services to migrants who have no right to be here in the first place.......if i saw a russian tank going down my street i wouldnt fight for this place.....and yes im going to leave, i want to be an Italian citizen
Quote by Darkspear

Serve your country? yeah right, u better help yourslef and the People, not serve an elite..

+1...the war of "terrorism" is killing thousands of innocent civilians a month..why risk your life to join?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Rahab
the government has abandoned its own citizens in favor of illegal aliens and will let its own people suffer while giving all of its services to migrants who have no right to be here in the first place

lmao...most ignorant thing i've heard today
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Darkspear

*Reported* Anyway, I'm reading this book All Quiet on the Western Front and now I'm honestly considering a military career. Any chance they let you bring ipods or backpacker guitars? haha
Quote by Stinkles
Thx guys, lol you wouldnt think that support from random people on the internet would help but it does.

hahah i know dude your right
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by Darkspear

go **** off...regardless of the reasoning or cause this man is about to fight in a war, something that truely shows bravery, courage, and strength...something you apparently lack...this guy didnt want any holier than thou comments on the current war...he just wanted some support for what he is about to do
Blast a Commie for me, mate.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Darkspear

Have you thought about the possibility that some people only join so they can have college paid for? Just because you join the military doesn't mean you are doing it for the sole purpose of killin' some terrorists. Besides, in this current state if it weren't for volunteers like the TS I'm willing to bet we'd have the draft reinstated.
^^^but what if they gave a war and nobody came?......you would have to be a total idiot to fight and die for an incompetent president and his hopeless mission in a deserted third world country
Quote by Gooze
that sucks. good luck.

No it doesn't

Quote by Leftindust
If you die can I have your guitar?

kthnks.

When you die can I have yours?
Quote by blues-guitarist
why are you joining the marines?? do you actually support the war in iraq??

It probably has nothing to do with Iraq.
Plus you are assuming he is an American. Maybe he is maybe he isn't

Quote by Darkspear

I agree GWB is an asshat. Terrorist no.
I served my country. Have you served yours? Or are you a 14 yo parrot without balls?
Let's not turn this into a political debate.
The young man made his decision.
Wish him the best of luck in his endeavours.
Jam on.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by epiphonist13
*Reported* Anyway, I'm reading this book All Quiet on the Western Front and now I'm honestly considering a military career. Any chance they let you bring ipods or backpacker guitars? haha

reported?? lol...just because you choose to help a country that's taking advantage of a lot of 3rd world countries and killing innocent people to control "terrorism" doesn't mean that what other ppl think is wrong
-Homer Simpson
Quote by epiphonist13

we report the truth here?

To the thread starter; if you want to do it, go ahead.

If you get seriously ****ed up by it, I can't say that I'd care, as I'm gonna forget this thread in a few hours.

I don't support your war, but have fun!
Sigh. There are a lot of idiots in the pit. Good intentions, I suppose.

Anyways, I don't support the war, but I do support your decision to do something with your life and stand up. Just keep in mind that you ARE going to Iraq. There's no way around it. Good luck. I really hope things work out for you.
Wanna just wish you good luck and to say that it takes alot of balls to pursue your dream job at times, especially when it's such a risky profession. Anyways ty for protecting our freedom and what not.

Quote by epiphonist13

Just curious, why would All Quiet on the Western Front inspire you to joint he armed forces? If anything I thought it would be the opposite haha...
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
Best of luck to you. My dad is a career military man (he's currently a colonel in the Air Force), so I kind of know how your family feels. When my dad got deployed first I was pissed, then I really was proud of what he was doing, and I gained a lot of respect for the Armed Forces.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Leftindust

If you get seriously ****ed up by it, I can't say that I'd care, as I'm gonna forget this thread in a few hours.

We report people who bash other country's governments. And you're not helping. This man is already a hero leaving his family to serve and protect the families of people he doesn't know and probably never will.
Quote by epiphonist13
We report people who bash other country's governments. And you're not helping. This man is already a hero leaving his family to serve and protect the families of people he doesn't know and probably never will.

not a hero....more like ''simple''
Quote by Saje
Just curious, why would All Quiet on the Western Front inspire you to joint he armed forces? If anything I thought it would be the opposite haha...

Well I've been kinda depressed lately and it's shown me that what I live for right now is only material. There's nothing beyond it. I kind of think that military has a bigger purpose than wasting money on things I can live without.
Quote by Das_Skittles
Best of luck to you. My dad is a career military man (he's currently a colonel in the Air Force), so I kind of know how your family feels. When my dad got deployed first I was pissed, then I really was proud of what he was doing, and I gained a lot of respect for the Armed Forces.

That's pretty cool. Is you dad an actual pilot? If so, what does he fly? I've always wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force but my eyesight has gone down the shitter.
"war doesn't show who's right but who's left."

.....ok I wrote this five years ago when I was against the military... I'm about to enlish into the Marine Corps!!! it's weird how things turn out... I'm going to defend my country!!!!
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
Last edited by Dudewithanaxe at Feb 17, 2010,
I do not support the war

HOWEVER

I have more fu cking respect for this man than anyone else on this board (other than others who are in, or plan on being in the military).

Why?

Because he's doing something that I'll openly admit, I'm afraid to do.

All of you who are giving negative responces should piss off.
This isnt about the war, this isnt about George Bush.

This is about a guy who is simply putting himself completely out there to do what he believes.

If you dont respect that,
in my opinion you dont deserve to speak.

America, the land that gives you freedom to speak against it.

I wish you the best of luck.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Quote by Leftindust

I'm sure it's not his war. Yes he may get fucked up. You may forget this thread in a few hours. I will not forget you sir.

Rahab. You have greatly impressed me as well.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Last edited by Jackal58 at Aug 28, 2007,
Quote by happytimeharry
That's pretty cool. Is you dad an actual pilot? If so, what does he fly? I've always wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force but my eyesight has gone down the shitter.

He flew E6s (mobile command centers basically) in the Navy for like 13 years. Then in the Air Force he flew KC10 air-to-air refuelers until he got promoted to colonel. Now he has some desk job at CentCom (Central Command) where he's not allowed to tell us what he does.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Rahab
^^^and you are high in the ranks of idiots

I'm not completely sure, but I think I was just called an idiot by a person that blames his country's problems on hardworking and zealous people.
Quote by Das_Skittles
He flew E6s (mobile command centers basically) in the Navy for like 13 years. Then in the Air Force he flew KC10 air-to-air refuelers until he got promoted to colonel. Now he has some desk job at CentCom (Central Command) where he's not allowed to tell us what he does.

Awesome. My hat's off to your dad.

Page 1 of 3