ok im relly confused with the whole deathcore thing. i always thought deathcore was a mix of death metal and metalcore. any1 wana clear this up 4 me?
well yeah, it's a mixture of death metal and hardcore - contains the elements of both. It's a pretty stupid label but if you want to define it in anyway, that's what it is. What's there to be confused about?

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Deathcore is ridiculous nonsense music. If you don't recognize it, it's all the teenage unmusical trendy crap bands that come out of places like southern California (the SD music scene here is horrible).

And if you see a band with a gory almost unreadable scattery logo and "brutal" said anywhere on their shirts or albums or sites these days, you can bet it's probably "deathcore".
I used to like stuff like despised icon, but now im just not that into it...
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
Deathcore is ridiculous nonsense music. If you don't recognize it, it's all the teenage unmusical trendy crap bands that come out of places like southern California (the SD music scene here is horrible).

And if you see a band with a gory almost unreadable scattery logo and "brutal" said anywhere on their shirts or albums or sites these days, you can bet it's probably "deathcore".

BullfYck
How is it unmusical??
There are loads of talented Deathcore bands out there with only one genre to properly describe it. deathcore.
Don't quote me on this, but i haven't seen many deathcore bands out there? besides the popular ones? everyone claims for deathcore to have loads of trendy bands.

and all those gory and unreadable logos etc
most of them arent deathcore, most of them are crap quality brutal death or grindcore
Quote by ScreamingCheeto

Cute.

Tell me, What kind of music do you play?
we'll tell you if YOUR taste is "ridiculous nonsense music".
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0

Do you even know what deathcore is? The logos you're describing sound more relevent to Brutal death metal than deathcore. I have yet to see any deathcore bands with logos like that.
It's death metal with hardcore influences. Not the other way around.

Despised Icon owns most of the tr00 death metal bands out there these days anyways.
Brutal death metal?

There's no death metal that ISN'T Brutal!

But yea, deathcore, silly name.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by jesusgonewrong
Brutal death metal?

There's no death metal that ISN'T Brutal!

But yea, deathcore, silly name.

I wouldn't really say that Arghoslent or Quo Vadis are "brutal". They are compared to other forms of music but lots of death metal is more melodic than it is brutal.

But I agree that deathcore is a ridiculous name.