Soo I’m starting my first job tomorrow at boots (chemists) Its only temp stacking shelves but I want to get off to a good start, so is there any tips you guys can give me on my first day

As well as stories of your first day at work, not too many disaster stories I’m nervous enough as it is lol
Quote by amorebelladonna
I guess I will just have to live with the fact that I ate my grandma.
Last edited by dudleystinks at Aug 28, 2007,
Don't knock the shelves off and spill everything on the floor?
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Don't make jokes about Kurt Cobain's suicide when your GM is a fan. They WILL write you up.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by AvengedThrice
Don't knock the shelves off and spill everything on the floor?

lol thanks i can be really clumsy when im nervouse though so i hope i dont do that!

Main worry for me though is my friends boyfriend works there and he hates my guts because he recons im after his girlfriend. Hes also been there for a few years and is in charge some days. I dont think he knows im going to be working there yet as he would of told my friend.

come on guys help me out! Somebody must have some interesting stories aswell.
Quote by amorebelladonna
Don't drink the stuff you're stocking.

And don't say the word "gay" without knowing your manager is gay. It makes for an awkward situation.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
My first day working at a grocery store, customers would keep coming up to me looking for things and I would very politely tell them ''sorry, I cant help you. this is my first day!'' and they would look at my like I just insulted their mothers.

The public can be cruel
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Just be enthusiastic and eager to do things that are asked of you, just suck up majorly for the first few weeks. Your readiness to work will build a decent reputation with employers.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Boots ey? Try not to get too enticed by the often-pretty girls that work there. Take a tip from sexual harassment panda
sneak home some ethanol, chemist grade. that's 200 proof drinking stuff right there

j/k, although there are loads of fun chemicals one could sneak home i imagine
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
try to somewhat autonomous even though its your first day. Don't be that annoying new employee that has a question every 5½ seconds
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
If you are serving condoms or other embarrassing items to a customer who is getting on your nerves then be sure to make a large, loud point of exactly what they are buying.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by rickyy
My first day working at a grocery store, customers would keep coming up to me looking for things and I would very politely tell them ''sorry, I cant help you. this is my first day!'' and they would look at my like I just insulted their mothers.

The public can be cruel

That happened to me the first two days or so. Someone would ask me about laces or something shoe related and I would just look up at them (from the floor, where I was stacking shoes) and say "Uh..sorry, this is my first day..." and look away. The reason people get mad is because you (and I) didn't get them someone else to help.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
First day laboring lost a brand new Stanley knife, my name is now Stanley
Quote by fronkpies
First day laboring lost a brand new Stanley knife, my name is now Stanley

That'll do it...
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
My first day at work was at a A&W that opened in my city. It was the busiest A&W in all of canada for like a month, from open to close the line was out the door. For my first shift (for any job) I went there, an employyee around 35-40, ran out of the store screaming and crying right as I showed up. Yeah...it sucked.
thanks for the help! im thinking of telling the manager that the guy has issues and doesnt like me before he trys and gets me the sack, you think its a good idea?
Quote by amorebelladonna
Quote by dudleystinks
thanks for the help! im thinking of telling the manager that the guy has issues and doesnt like me before he trys and gets me the sack, you think its a good idea?

NO. I would say definetely not. It's like trying to give your manager an excuse for any bad decisions the guy makes against you. Also, the manager doesn't want to hear how you're not going to get along with another of their workers.

You never know, you and this guy might be fine. If not, just have it mildly 'creap up' in conversation.

Good luck with the new job.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Quote by dudleystinks

don't step on anyone's toes, and don't correct older people/people that have been there a while
Make really awful, cheesy jokes that confuse the customers.

I work at Tesco, here's some examples of what I say:

Customer: Excuse me, do you have any more onions?
Me: (pointing to tray full of onions) Thatshallot.

People take ****ing ages to get that one.
Or:

Customer: Excuse me, where is your baby aisle?
Me: Sorry pal, we don't sell babies.

I guarantee you, it will be a rave.
MIM Strat

Line 6 Spider 3 30

Soon - Peavey Valveking

Crybaby Classic
Quote by dudleystinks
Soo I’m starting my first job tomorrow at boots (chemists) Its only temp stacking shelves but I want to get off to a good start, so is there any tips you guys can give me on my first day

As well as stories of your first day at work, not too many disaster stories I’m nervous enough as it is lol

just do your job, do it good, do it fast and youll be good to go.

I remember my first job and first day...i was working with an electric company called Wagner electric.
I started off that day going into the smallest attic I have ever seen and installed a fan when it was about 85F outside and over 100F in that attic......

not fun but I got paid fair
dont go in high. or do and getr fired. or do and smoke with you rboss if hes cool like that
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Just be right on time, clean, and don't wear ripped off jeans with a Led Zeppelin T-Shirt (or classic stoner look).
And don't try to rape your boss or touch his ass...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

My first day as a crane operator in a machine shop the guy training me almost got crushed underneath three 4.5 inch diameter 24 foot long solid steel bars...you may or may not have that where you are working though.

Then my first week as a network engineer I was changing a card on a computer motherboard and hadn't unplugged it...I dropped the screw I was working with and fried a few resistors. It still worked, so I never told anyone.