say u had 2 amps both class a/b

1 of the amps was 100 watts the other was 10 watts

if u put the 100 watt amp on volume 1 would it be the same "loundness" as a 10 watt amp of volume 10

thanks in advanced for ur help
Unless I'm mistaken, the 100watt amp on 1 would be a lot quieter than the 10watt amp on 10.
Nope, generally, a 100 watt amp is only twice as loud as a 10 watt. The key difference is, the 100 watt will have much more head room before it clips/saturates.

The 10 watt on 10 would belouder than the 100 watt on 1.

Also, the class of the poweramp doesn't necessarily imply the volume of the amp, nor quality.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
It doesn't work like that, no.

10watt amp on 1 and 100watt amp on 1 will be about the same. However 100watt amp 2 will probably be twice as loud as 10watt amp 2.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
well it works logically, but i dont know if it would work in practice, but maybe. maybe someone with oth can try it?
yep ^ a 100 watt amp is only twice as loud as a 10 watt amp. so the 10 watt on 10 would equal the 100 on 5.
(if i'm not mistaking)
EDIT: holy ****, the ^ was to denthul...
Quote by The red Strat.
yep ^ a 100 watt amp is only twice as loud as a 10 watt amp. so the 10 watt on 10 would equal the 100 on 5.
(if i'm not mistaking)

+1
10W at 10 = Distorted crap. But louder. 100W at 1 = Wont get your full tone out of it. And its not that loud.
Quote by fire within
rblotnicky- you are one of the best posters for the sex threads and the one who gets most fun

but jeezo

Quote by P. Townshend
rblotnicky...you are my god
Different amps have different tapers to the volume knob. The arbitrary "1" or "5" physical positioning of where the knob pointer points is totally insignificant.
Watts aren't uniform like that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by The red Strat.
(if i'm not mistaking)

True, a 100W amp is only twice the volume of a 10W amp.

But the way the volume pot might work is another issue. On some amps, the volume is just about full at 5 on the dial, and cranking it further pushes the amp into OD, but really doesn't increase the dB's all that much.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by rblotnicky
10W at 10 = Distorted crap. But louder. 100W at 1 = Wont get your full tone out of it. And its not that loud.
What do you mean distorted crap? A 1x6V6 A/B 10w amp at 10 won't sound like distorted crap...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by The red Strat.
(if i'm not mistaking)

poop +1