Well I can't really focus with my classmates around me and some of my friends online do this where they pick up their work from school, or they get a teacher or school helper person to drop it off at their home. They still belong to the school and they still can do school events and graduate with their class. What I don't understand is if this costs money, if all schools do this, and how to go about making this happen, blah blah blah. If I go to the school office to inquire about this, what do I say since I don't even know what its called. I thought homeschooling was when the parent(s) had the teaching crudentials and taught the students but with this the student teaches themselves. Thank you for anyone who gives me an answer for this.
It is called an " Independent Studies Program ". It differs from district to district, but in my district it is free.

Homeschooling is where the parent teaches the child, but Independent Studies is a program where you teach yourself out of the book. I just began my third school year of it on Monday.

You can still do events, you have the ability to graduate with your class, and legally you are always supposed to have the option of going back to a regular school.

You ask at the office to speak to a counselor. Tell them you want more information on Independent Studies or Independent Continuing Education Programs.

You may have a difficult time getting in if there is a program in your district. It took me a long time to get in, and I had to give valid reasons to enter, other than " I want to stay home all day ". I had trouble concentrating in class and was failing, as well as having social problems.

I am now in my senior year, and will probably do the first semester with Independent Studies, the last semester with the high school.

If you want any more information , send me a PM.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Quote by Leper Affinity
It is called an " Independent Studies Program ". It differs from district to district, but in my district it is free.

Homeschooling is where the parent teaches the child, but Independent Studies is a program where you teach yourself out of the book. I just began my third school year of it on Monday.

You can still do events, you have the ability to graduate with your class, and legally you are always supposed to have the option of going back to a regular school.

You ask at the office to speak to a counselor. Tell them you want more information on Independent Studies or Independent Continuing Education Programs.

You may have a difficult time getting in if there is a program in your district. It took me a long time to get in, and I had to give valid reasons to enter, other than " I want to stay home all day ". I had trouble concentrating in class and was failing, as well as having social problems.

I am now in my senior year, and will probably do the first semester with Independent Studies, the last semester with the high school.

If you want any more information , send me a PM.

thanks
well school just started (today will be my second day) so I cant quite do anything just yet can i? When should i try to apply? Hopefully my father will allow me....I could just tell him it is difficult for me to concentrate (because it is ) and I don't like the feeling of others holding me down. So would a month be good? Should I wait ti out for a month..
Quote by Z_cup_boy
thanks
well school just started (today will be my second day) so I cant quite do anything just yet can i? When should i try to apply? Hopefully my father will allow me....I could just tell him it is difficult for me to concentrate (because it is ) and I don't like the feeling of others holding me down. So would a month be good? Should I wait ti out for a month..

First of all, you can ask about it whenever you want, even though there most-likely won't be any openings for a while.

Second of all, you need to really be having a hard time concentrating. The first year in Independent Studies I made an average of a 3.5 GPA. The year before, I failed all of my classes at the high school with under a 1.0. I had a real hard time concentrating on school work because I have a observant nature, and I was also with a bad crowd at that moment in time.

Unless your problems are really getting in the way of your education, so much as to prevent you from getting a passing grade, or if you have major bully problems, health problems, or legal problems, I suggest you just stick with the high school, because you could be taking the spot from someone who would actually need it.

But if you do need it, go ahead.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
i've been self taught all my life, and just got an A in my chemistry Exam :P
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
ahh yeah i should just stick with school i guess. I cannot afford to fail my classes. I don't honestly learn my best with people around and with someone telling me how whatever works. I would rather figure it out on my own. Like guitar. I cannot take one little streak of interest in it if someone teaches me. I like being fascinated by it on my own. Although I am getting better at it, I am very shy, (but now im forcing myself to talk to new people which helps)