Today i played a Michael Kelly Hybrid model in a store, costing £400. There was one thing i didn't like about it, which is the positioning of the single humbucker, but it was quite possibly the most comfortable guitar i have ever played, i love the half electric half acoustic playability of the thing and it was REALLY great quality, felt much more expensive than £400. It also sounded amazing.

Anyways, i got home about half an hour ago, and started browsing the net for Michael kelly guitars. I found their site, and on their site, i found the Hybrid special, which has 2 humbuckers as well as the piezo bridge. this led to a severe GAS ATTACK!

Now, i desperately want one of these but i bet no store by me will EVER stock the hybrid special at any point, so i need to know some UK sites that sell these guitars. I've found my voice with these guitars i think
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
theres a schecter and few godins with the piezo as well.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by staticoverdub
theres a schecter and few godins with the piezo as well.

i know, thing is i know i like the MK (i know i didn't play the special, but its the same guitar only with 2 humbuckers instead of 1), i'll probably never get to play a schecter or a godin, so i'll never know if they really suit me, playability wise, i'm pretty sure they don't have acoustic guitar bridges though.
Rig Winter 2017:

I've played the Hybrid Specials; they are spectacular guitars. Me wants.

I believe musician.com ships internationally? You'll have to pay up the ass for customs and whatever, though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I've played the Hybrid Specials; they are spectacular guitars. Me wants.

I believe musician.com ships internationally? You'll have to pay up the ass for customs and whatever, though.

what exactly does it mean by "coil tapped" humbuckers? does it mean coil split? how is that activated?

sorry to bombard with questions, i only played the hybrid, not the hybrid special, but the special looks much better.
Rig Winter 2017: