this isnt woopty doo

well, i came here in search of an answer:what is the difference between an Envelope Filter, An Envelope Follower, and an Autowah.

are they all the same?is one different?whats each ones special feature?

/Noobness.

thanks
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I think an envelope filter is like a touch sensitive wah, and an autowah is like a phaser pedal where you set the speed.

Really good envelope filters sound WAY cooler than wahs, check out the Lovetone Meatball (good luck finding one, and the cash for it though)
Quote by winno
I think an envelope filter is like a touch sensitive wah, and an autowah is like a phaser pedal where you set the speed.

Really good envelope filters sound WAY cooler than wahs, check out the Lovetone Meatball (good luck finding one, and the cash for it though)

An auto wah is NOT a phaser pedal where you set the speed. Almost all phaser pedals allow you to set the speed. An auto was is triggered by the volume of the note, just like the envelope filter.

They're all the same thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-wah
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
wow, so why do they have a BOSS Auto-wah, and a EHX Envelope Follower?cant they just pick a name so i wouldent have to spend the time of UG'ers?gh...
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick