I am undecided about buying one of these guitars. i want to buy the ibanez cuz it has the temolo and is supposed to be great for metal. I want to buy the Flying V because a lot of metal players used the same guitar.....which one is better?
I like V's a lot, but I consider them "Stage Guitars". Unless you are confortable playing in the classic position it's a real pain to use them at home. I'd go with the Ibanez, but if you get the chance try them both, see what's the one you feel more confortable with.
Go to a store where you can play them both then buy the one that you like best
Going Forward One Step At A Time
Well looking at your avatar gave me a idea... How bout a Epiphone Goth Explorer? It's got a tremolo, after you get used to it's really confortable and looks really badass. I have a 1997 Epiphone Explorer and i couldn't be happier.
Quote by joshmitchell34
the one im lookin at doesnt got a temolo..

Yep, I checked the guitar too and it doesn't have one... But I remember one of the Goth's having one
since when does an epiphone goth have a tremolo??? :S

but yeah the ibanez and flying V are two completely different guitars...
personally im also thinking of getting a flying V but it definetly is a better "stage guitar"
while the S is an Uber awesome guitar especially the ZR tremolo i seriously regret not getting it instead of my RG but the rgs are good too...but the Ss are AWESOME!

but definetly go play them if you can if not...that sucks
MY GEAR:
IBANEZ RGT42DX
Crate GT65
Digitech RP200 effects pedal

ESP LTD B-50
Peavey Max 112

Shure SM-58
Are there no guitar shops near you AT all? The best choice would be to go and try out both if possible.

Do you change tunings often? If you take the Ibanez, you're gonna find it annoying as hell to change tuning quickly.

Do you intend on using the tremelo system on the Ibanez?

What kind of sound are you after? What music do you play?
im near two guitar shops one of them carrys gibsons but i think they dont have a flying v there right now.. i barely change tuning.. i play metal
those are very different styles of guitars. i also second what mwoit says, and what omni said about v's being a pain to sit down with.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have the S520ex, i like it. if you change tunings a lot then you can just take off the locking things at the top of the fretboard. the strings won't stay in tune but it won't take you 1-2 min to change a string.
The Goth Explorers and V's used to have a LFR, but they discontinued those. And I'd take the Ibanez in a heartbeat, especially between those two.
Quote by joshmitchell34
i think i made my desicion.. im buyin the ltd m-400

good choice, go for it.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Quote by Sound Mind
i have the S520ex, i like it. if you change tunings a lot then you can just take off the locking things at the top of the fretboard. the strings won't stay in tune but it won't take you 1-2 min to change a string.

[OFFTOPIC] Is necessary take off the "locking things" to tune a guitar that have them? [/OFFTOPIC]

I only tried the S520, and it's very good. The body is confortable, sounds good (maho) and the floyd is great. Change the pu's and is a great guitar