Hello, guitar finally wired etc but now theres a buzzing. Very slight whenever I turn on a flourescent light! I have shielded the guitar and when a normal light is used theres no noise but with a flourescent light there like a static hum. Anyone think of a way to reduce this?
UG
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
idk i have teh same problem but with my cell, tv and stereo just crank up the volume and u wont hear it as much
u may have wired it for positive instead of negative. i did the same thing when i built my bass.
GAS List:
Nothing
It'e normal AC hum. Fluorescent lights are the worst. Using double coil or noiseless pickups should make it less, but I still get it sometimes even with my humbuckers. Turn the volume on your guitar all the way down. If the hum is still there, it's coming from the power line and being picked up my your amp. You can get certain surge protectors that remove line noise from the outlet.

Cheaper to try a different plug though. Getting off the circuit that the fluorescent light/motor/microwave/etc. is on usually helps.
^Ahh Ill try that as I cant think of anything else - not too bad tho but I have quite a high powered flourescent light which probably explains a lot. Cheers
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER