I'm a huge Dream Theater fan, and It's no fun not being able to learn a lot of their songs because I don't have a 7-string.

I'd like some recommendations of which 7-strings to buy, and which ones not to buy.

I can't go much higher than 700 pricewise.

Help, please?
Dude, that's like $100 a string.

Sorry, I can't really help you, I just couldn't resist.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Agile interceptor
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter Blackjack
Ibanez S7320
ESP Steph Carpenter signature
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by Me2NiK
Dude, that's like $100 a string.

Sorry, I can't really help you, I just couldn't resist.

Thaaaanks.

Z-edit: Wait, they make a 7-string Hellraiser model?
Quote by DagMX
Agile interceptor
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter Blackjack
Ibanez S7320
ESP Steph Carpenter signature

+ RG7321, used RG7460

Look at the 7 string thread for more info and recommendations

I say this all the time, but try a 7 string guitar out before you commit to buying one.....i cant stress it enough.

^yeah they do the C-7 hellraiser model, lovely guitar......if you like schecter necks.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Thaaaanks.

Z-edit: Wait, they make a 7-string Hellraiser model?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-C7-Electric-Guitar?sku=513109
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Schecter Hellraiser is a great guitar for $700. Go with the Jeff Loomis model schecter if you can get a couple more hundred dollars
Also, its probably gonna be hard to find(i had a hard time anyway), but I have a kramer striker 7 string for around $500(i think) that has a pretty comfortable maple neck and maple fretboard, alder body, good LFR and nice pickups. Its quite a good guitar. If you see one of those, it would be a good buy.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by EvilDontSmile
Schecter Hellraiser is a great guitar for $700. Go with the Jeff Loomis model schecter if you can get a couple more hundred dollars

Can you give me a link to it? Much appreciated.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
especially in see through black cherry

oh yes indeedy..maple fretboard + trans finish = win!! (though I still love my kramer, I feel like im cheating when I look at other guitars)

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
i just got my agile septor 7 in maybe a week ago or so. its a killer guitar and if you're in the states in lists for $399. I bought it over a shecter c-7 blackjack because when i tried the schecter i didn't feel it was as good as it should have been for an $899 guitar. the agile is comparable to the c-7. with the exception of the pickups. the agiles pickups are pretty bunk.. but its not hard to swap those out for something better.

http://www.rondomusic.net/product999.html
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Aug 28, 2007,
Well you'll probably need a Floyd Rose to play DT songs, so you're gonna have to save up or go with an Agile.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Well you'll probably need a Floyd Rose to play DT songs, so you're gonna have to save up or go with an Agile.

Says who...? John Petrucci doesnt have a floyd rose on any of his EB sig 7 strings, plus he doesnt do any kind of outrageous whammy bar work.
i really dont know why everyone here always suggests the 7321...the pickups in that guitar have to be some of the worst ive ever heard......the omen 7 or the damien 7 are much better, and if you can save a little long the hellraiser 7 flat out kills