what's the best overall strat ? an american vintage ? an american deluxe ?
and can you install a S1 system on any strat ? also a link to these kits if possible, i can't find em

thanks !
Last edited by The red Strat. at Aug 28, 2007,
a lot of people add a neck on or bridge on switch. Most of the time you see it in the form of a mini toggle.
Quote by livrockdie
a lot of people add a neck on or bridge on switch. Most of the time you see it in the form of a mini toggle.

i don't get what you're saying are you talking bout the S1 switching ?
I played an Eric Johnson strat and an Eric Clapton Blackie Strat recently, and they were both excellent.
s1 switching is that little button that turns the neck pickup on right? If not I'm talking about something entirely different.
Quote by livrockdie
s1 switching is that little button that turns the neck pickup on right? If not I'm talking about something entirely different.

why would you want a switch for that, just put the 5 way on neck position ?? and the s1 switching puts pups in serie and parallell...
s-1 swiching is nice but not always a DRASTIC tone change.

similar if not exact tonal changes can be achieved with the use of mini toggle switches, and push pull pots for less money.

think about ur favorite tones, neck type, body finish, bridge style and hardware, put it all together, and that's the best non-custom strat for you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by The red Strat.
why would you want a switch for that, just put the 5 way on neck position ?? and the s1 switching puts pups in serie and parallell...

Because that way you can have the neck pickup together with any other pickup. With regular 5-way switching, you can't have all 3 pickups selected, or neck + bridge like a Tele. However, with that switch, you can select the bridge pickup and turn the neck on, or you can select both bridge and middle pickups and turn the neck on.

Get it?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
Because that way you can have the neck pickup together with any other pickup. With regular 5-way switching, you can't have all 3 pickups selected, or neck + bridge like a Tele. However, with that switch, you can select the bridge pickup and turn the neck on, or you can select both bridge and middle pickups and turn the neck on.

Get it?

yeah i get i it, i just didn't realize he meant it that way...
Yeah it's not about "What is the best non-custom strat"..

Just go and play any strat you can get your hands on. You might hate the neck on an American Deluxe but love the neck on a MIM standard. You just need to find which one feels the best to your hands so that you can play comfortably on it.

90% of the time it's going to be a LOT cheaper to get a guitar with a great comfortable neck and upgrade pups etc. as opposed to buying an expensive guitar with great pickups that you can't play well on because the neck feels like crap.

That's the way I test guitars anyway. Maybe I'm crazy.
Quote by .smudged.
blue strat, red strat. lol

lol not funny.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.