ok so im kind of a beginer, i mean i know all of the basics all of the open chords and am begining to get all of the bar chords memorized. So far iv been using all of those free online lessons and its been very helpful be you cant really learn much for free.

So to get to the point, I want to buy a few DVD's, i only have enough money to buy 2, cuz i need to get a strap, metronome, and new strings.

The ones Iv been looking at the the House Of Blues and Rock House DVD's, Im planning to skip the level one dvds and go string the intermediate and level 2 dvds, which brings me to my first question, should i do that? iv been told the first dvds are full of bear basics like how to play a basic D chord and bs like that.

And my second question is...should i mix lessons, i was planning to buy Rock House Learn To Play Rock Guitar Intermediate and House of Blues Learn To Play Blues Guitar Level 2, but then i started to think that it might be a waste of money and that they would be the teaching me the same thing and that i should get the Level 2 and 3 of one or the other.

Any advice? Should i just completely stay away from both of those and get another DVD or Book?

I mostly want to play rock and metal but blues being the root of it all i figured it would be a good place to begin my guitar journey
Gear:
Ovation Celebrity GC28

PROUD MEMBER OF SLASHISM
PM slashs_#1_fan To Join
Member #17 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Last edited by AntwanL at Aug 28, 2007,
yeah i think you should stick to blues as you said its the root of all of rock.
you'll learn so much from it. i actually just started some blues and learned stuff i wished i learned earlier. nd sometimes you got to go back to the basics. so i recommend those two blues DVDs UNLESS you know whats in it and that you understand everything.
Find a few reviews for those dvds before you buy them, but the rock house dvd would be better.
Get "Getting Started on Electric Guitar with Keith Wyatt". The DVD is AWESOME! He goes through blues, rock, and country.
im not really looking for something that covers alot of styles, but goes in depth into actually playing guitar and teaching you stuff
Gear:
Ovation Celebrity GC28

PROUD MEMBER OF SLASHISM
PM slashs_#1_fan To Join
forget about dvd's, get my free 5 lessons and the jamorama you get with it, not expensive at all and it comes with play alongs, and video lessons, same crap as a dvd just better. www.andrewportela.com/jamorama
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
ya i actually have all 5 of the jamorama lessons saved and iv looked through them but all of that stuff i already know, im still working on the John Bilderbeck Ebook thing, im almost done with it and wanted to get some more lessons
Gear:
Ovation Celebrity GC28

PROUD MEMBER OF SLASHISM
PM slashs_#1_fan To Join