Ok, I know what Gtr. 1 and Gtr. 2 mean in tabs, of course, one lead and one rythmic. However when I see Gtr. 3, 4, 5, or maybe even 6, I get confused as to what to play. So, could someone please tell me why do the tabs have multiple guitar parts (when there are only 2 in the band) and what does it mean?
aha like hotel california. guitars 4,5,6, or whatever usually play a small part in the whole song. again like hotel california
sometimes band layer guitar parts. Even if there only 2 guitarist,they might want to add some more stuff. Usually it's just alittle lead thing or melody. When,reading the tabs,just focus on guitars one and two.
just stick with learning either 1 if you want to learn the lead part and 2 if you want to learn the rythm, don't worry about the rest that's more for recording purposes.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Gtr 1 isnt lead and gtr 2 isnt rhythm, they are just the different recordings. For instance, Black Sabbath has one guitarist, tony iommi, but he used to record a solo about 3 times over each other. So there would be (NOT ALWAYS) for instance gtr one playing the backing, gtr 2 playing the main solo and gtrs 3 and 4 playing little fills on top.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
So basically just concentrate on either gtr 1 and gtr 2? Because sometimes gtr 2 is playing the main part and gtr 1 disappears.