I love you for knowing that song.

Otherwise, the vocals are off but also somewhat mysterious. That's what makes morrison what he is.

Nice cover though, what do you use to record your ****?
Thanks man, I just line in to my laptop with a mic and record on a Cakewalk, some cheap program I found at Guitar Center.

Just for clarification, when you say the vocals are off, how do you mean?
hey man I appreciate the effort, but you kinda butchered the song. atleast you could look up the right chords for it, and this just sounds wrong played on acoustic guitar. Manzarek's keyboard and piano lines weren't meant to be ****t with. yea most of the chord changes are wrong.

and I dunno what kinda vox you're trying to do, but Morrison's turning in his grave in Pierre LaChaise right now.
Quote by Axegrinder#9
hey man I appreciate the effort, but you kinda butchered the song. atleast you could look up the right chords for it, and this just sounds wrong played on acoustic guitar. Manzarek's keyboard and piano lines weren't meant to be ****t with. yea most of the chord changes are wrong.

and I dunno what kinda vox you're trying to do, but Morrison's turning in his grave in Pierre LaChaise right now.

Well, why would I want to do an exact copy of Crystal Ship? What would that prove? I definitely wanted to do an acoustic Doors cover, and I felt that this one lended itself best to being turned acoustic. I also thought it sounded better a full step down.

I dunno, I usually have an issue trying to completely copy a singer's voice. It's never going to be as good as the original, so why try? I mean, you would know, because you definitely took some liberties with Morrison's vocals as well (Peace Frog.) I realize this is nothing like the original version, but I really only took the lyrics and feel of the song, and did something completely different.

I definitely appreciate the crit though, thanks for taking a listen.
Last edited by Chaingarden at Aug 30, 2007,
i never heard the original song, but everything sounded fine to me. i also enjoyed your vocals.

can you crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660382
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."