Page 1 of 2
I guess they don't get Bill Nye the Science Guy there.

http://bsalert.com/news/1990/Bill_N... s_The_Sun.html
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

He shouldn't have used the Bible verse in the first place. Common Sense tells anyone that it would create controversy.

However, the outraged were rather stupid.
Spiral Out
i agree that he shouldn't of quoted the bible..
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
christianity at its finest
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Texans are ****in crazy, end of story... I never wanna go there
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
Quote by ticklemeemo
Waco has always been stupid. Don't judge the rest of us because of them.

Don't worry man, I just thought it was a good thread title.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by garden of grey
Eh what can ya do?

As long as I'm one less person out of those 14 million people living here that doesn't do that stuff I'm content.

+1
Quote by triple_X_maniac

Piss off you idiot.

Anyway, yeah that's pretty weak. Not knowing that the moon reflects the sun's light. Although I agree, he probably shouldn't have quoted the bible.
Quote by garden of grey
Eh what can ya do?

As long as I'm one less person out of those 14 million people living here that doesn't do that stuff I'm content.

+2
Quote by MetalHead73
"Nutty Texans"?

Fuck you hoe!

Agreed
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
I take back my last comment, I was being a generic bastard : (

but you have to admit some of em are crazy.
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
Quote by NGD1313
Piss off you idiot.

Anyway, yeah that's pretty weak. Not knowing that the moon reflects the sun's light. Although I agree, he probably shouldn't have quoted the bible.

did you read y they didnt booed him
they screamed we believe in god
tell me where im wrong
Quote by bassboy 999

Quote by snipelfritz

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by mr.cheese..
I take back my last comment, I was being a generic bastard : (

but you have to admit some of em are crazy.

Crazy, stupid, bigotry, and evil know no religious bounds. Theres plenty of intolerant, bigoted atheists in the world waving around a superiority complex for believing with no more reason or proof something different then Christians, and a few of them have even posted in this thread.

Most Christians don't every word of the Bible literally, and believe its not the exact word of God but more of a rough translation between Holy Trinity and man. These Waco nuts are obviously the exception.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
did you read y they didnt booed him
they screamed we believe in god
tell me where im wrong

Oh no, I read it. You're just a dumbass for judging Christians by the extremists and idiots.
Quote by NGD1313
Oh no, I read it. You're just a dumbass for judging Christians by the extremists and idiots.

i dont believe i judged anyone or any religious group as idiots
just frequently mistaken
Quote by bassboy 999

Quote by snipelfritz

Its a sad, sad day.
hey, i'm on the road in texas now. northeast austin. my job travels all over texas almost more than the rest of the states combined. not a bad place, bound to have a few loonies in a place this big.

EDIT just reading the comments, it appears it may be possible that he was attacking christianity. the audience was attacking him because he didn't consider the moon a "great light" because it was reflected. reflected or not, i suppose it could be considered a "great light" by anyone
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Aug 28, 2007,
well, he did say that the bible was wrong to call the moon a light.

that might piss some people off in a lot of places.
Quote by NGD1313

+1.

Maniac is a good example of the type of attitude that leads to sh!t like the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition.
LoL at religion. "I deny your proof and input this illogical statement written in this holy book."
Quote by NorseGodofRock
+1.

Maniac is a good example of the type of attitude that leads to sh!t like the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition.

i dont think im an example of religious quarrels
not being religious and all
Quote by bassboy 999

Quote by snipelfritz

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by ticklemeemo
Waco has always been stupid. Don't judge the rest of us because of them.

Yeah, my dad refuses to stop for gas or even a drink in Waco. He hates it that much.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by Kulvin
LoL at religion. "I deny your proof and input this illogical statement written in this holy book."

Come on. You can't possibly judge all Christianity, let alone all religion, on the basis of a few idiots in Waco. The overwhelming majority of Christians are not that ignorant.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
Quote by triple_X_maniac
i dont think im an example of religious quarrels
not being religious and all

Your an Atheist, so yes you are religious, and apparently quite intolerant of other religions. Its not religion itself that breeds the conflict, but rather the inability to coexist and not act superior for sporting a different belief.

Quote by triple_X_maniac

Way to stereotype and judge an entire religion based on a tiny handful of wackos who happen to call themselves Christian. Would I be right to judge all of Atheism just because Mao and Stalin collectively murdered 20 million people?
I'm Athiest, but all you guys need to remember that Atheists can be pricks too. Look at Stalin and those Russian guys.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Sometimes I'm ashamed to live in Texas, but then I remember we gave the world ZZ Top and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by ebbbaaa
Sometimes I'm ashamed to live in Texas, but then I remember we gave the world ZZ Top and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

...and Pantera.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by garden of grey
By definition, not at all. Atheism is the complete lack of religious beliefs. It's anybody that isn't religious.

A religion is a belief system, they believe in the lack of God. Technically atheism is a religion.

Agnosticism is the only one with any true lack of belief.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Come on. You can't possibly judge all Christianity, let alone all religion, on the basis of a few idiots in Waco. The overwhelming majority of Christians are not that ignorant.

What I said goes for just about anything in any religion.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Your an Atheist, so yes you are religious, and apparently quite intolerant of other religions. Its not religion itself that breeds the conflict, but rather the inability to coexist and not act superior for sporting a different belief.

Way to stereotype and judge an entire religion based on a tiny handful of wackos who happen to call themselves Christian. Would I be right to judge all of Atheism just because Mao and Stalin collectively murdered 20 million people?

just because i dont believe in christianity doesnt mean im an Atheist, i could be muslim

Stalin just didnt have a religion, doesnt mean he was Athesist eigther
and the 20 million people, thats just good clean fun
Quote by bassboy 999

Quote by snipelfritz

Its a sad, sad day.
****ing religious freaks is more accurate than nutty Texans.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by NorseGodofRock
A religion is a belief system, they believe in the lack of God. Technically atheism is a religion.

Agnosticism is the only one with any true lack of belief.

Yes, and everyone, even people who don't sing or play and instrument, is a musician. Complete lack of musical knowledge still equals musician. How? I don't know. Just pointing out some faulty logic buddy.
Quote by garden of grey

They didn't kill in the name of lack of beliefs, they were just killers in the name of government.

They killed people who's political beliefs were different then theirs, sot its core, it is just the same as any religious conflict. Its not the reason, its the ACT.
Quote by Kulvin
Yes, and everyone, even people who don't sing or play and instrument, is a musician. Complete lack of musical knowledge still equals musician. How? I don't know. Just pointing out some faulty logic buddy.

What?

Seriously, wtf? What point are you trying to make?
Quote by ebbbaaa

DALLAS COWBOY CHEERLEADERS!!

Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Eh, what happens in Waco should never be allowed to leave Waco. If people are that uptight about a simple thing about instead of the moon being a giant light it's a giant reflector then they need to sit with someone to calmly explain to them what he really said so they can calm down and get on with their lives.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Page 1 of 2