Yeah I saw a few threads on this amp and did a search as well.

As I guess most of you guys know I like the classic rock stuff from Zeppelin, Sabbath, Dire Straits and Floyd.

I was considering a Fender or Peavey up till now (still am), but I didn't know I could get a Plexi copy at that price. From what i've read these are good amps and I just have some extra questions.

If I gig with the 15 watt head would I have any headroom at all? I know it's a Marshall amp that's meant to be cranked and that's what I like.
However I also play clean stuff so if this could do some cleans that would really be useful.

Oh and there seems to be a 36 watt model is this also a plexi and is it any better?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Aug 29, 2007,
Seeing as your a Floyd fan i'd check out the Ceriatone Hiwatt clones, those look great.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Any of the marshalls would be good- I'd also suggest looking at the matchless and trainwreck amps. The trainwrecks are like a marshall, only more aggressive and very touch-sensitive with huge harmonics. Mark Knopfler toured with them for a while, and still uses Komets (the production equivalent of trainwreck). Look up trainwreck and Komet amps on youtube- some decent clips there.
Keep in mind also that you're just getting the chassis, and if you want to gig, you'll want a head shell to go with.

edit:
I really like Komets!
^ i really like the sound of that komet, but it seems to feedback really fast
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by igotabcrich32
Seeing as your a Floyd fan i'd check out the Ceriatone Hiwatt clones, those look great.

Wow really? What name is the Hiwatt clone under? Cause on the site I see Marshalls, Fenders, Trainwrecks and Matchless.

Quote by Roc8995
Any of the marshalls would be good- I'd also suggest looking at the matchless and trainwreck amps. The trainwrecks are like a marshall, only more aggressive and very touch-sensitive with huge harmonics. Mark Knopfler toured with them for a while, and still uses Komets (the production equivalent of trainwreck). Look up trainwreck and Komet amps on youtube- some decent clips there.
Keep in mind also that you're just getting the chassis, and if you want to gig, you'll want a head shell to go with.

edit:
I really like Komets!

I liekd that, seems like a great amount of gain.

Now the thing is I know i'll want the natural tube overdrive, on these models for Zeppelin and all.

However I also want to consider nice cleans for stuff like Shine On You Crazy Diamond and to build the clean tone with pedals as Gilmour did.
I don't think the amp could do both, so i'm at a loss as to which type of amp to go with.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
The whole thing about the trainwrecks is they clean up magnificently when you roll off the guitar volume. They're also really effing loud, so there's plenty of clean headroom if you need it.
There's a clip on youtube of a guy playing an original Trainwreck with an original vintage LP and that sounds immense! I was gonna get a Plexi 50 but now I'm ot sure.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
i have the plexi 50 and it's great
just set it a little bit clean and get an ocd or soemthing to make it sound like it really really cranked
that's what i do but whatever
let gabe come in here and tell you about the 18watt and orange
maybe he can change your mind
but either way you will be gettting a great amp