Hey guy's I just saw the video of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds as cartoon and while reading what everyone wrote, I seemed to notice alot of stuff mentioning how this song was made while they were on acid, and that most of that album was too. Is this true? and did The Beatles do LSD often? or even any drugs.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
they all did like every drug known to man. prbly not but they did do drugs pretty heavy when they got popular
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
ummmmm yeah

Every beatle has admitted that they used drugs.

bob dylan was the first person to show them weed. And a dentist was the first one to give them LSD.

and the rest is history.
Wow..

There's a lot of songs that are supposed to be about a lot of things involving drugs.

Personally, I prefer Charlie Manson's take on the whole thing.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
omfg..Lucy in the Sky in the Diamonds. isnt about LSD
its about a pic that pauls son drew of the girl he liked in his class
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Quote by ninja dude

Uhh.. That's the story. Paul recently admitted otherwise. He also admitted what Daytripper was really about. Let it go, man.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Uhh.. That's the story. Paul recently admitted otherwise. He also admitted what Daytripper was really about. Let it go, man.

w/e...send me a vid of it or an artical and i will
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Yes I know the vast majority of rock musicians took drugs, I just didnt think The Beatles did, they always seemed to me as an innocent bunch of guys.
One Love

And where do you guys find this stuff out? I'm really interested in reading more about The Beatles and these drug stories about them, but Wikipedias the only thing that comes to mind.
One Love

Quote by ninja dude
w/e...send me a vid of it or an artical and i will

Honestly, I'm too lazy.. Give a minute and I'll do so. But I don't know why you're bothering to argue over it. Think about it.. In the sixties it was illegal to talk literally about drug use. They had to use codes.. Hence tambourine man, Doctor Robert.. etc..

Lordy lou.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by musicmyrock
Yes I know the vast majority of rock musicians took drugs, I just didnt think The Beatles did, they always seemed to me as an innocent bunch of guys.

they were...until about 1964 when they met bob dylan. The beatles were the first popular music act to talk about their recreational drug use. Thats one of things that makes them so ground breaking.
Quote by musicmyrock
There music and image took a bit of a change at one point when they became less Pop and more Rock. As you can see:

Just find a biography of The Beatles... duhhh. Anyway even before they started experimenting with psychadelics all of them took huge amounts of uppers to stay awake for long periods of time back when they were a struggling band.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Honestly, I'm too lazy.. Give a minute and I'll do so.

kk
Jim Morrison
Quote by highway62
they were...until about 1964 when they met bob dylan. The beatles were the first popular music act to talk about their recreational drug use. Thats one of things that makes them so ground breaking.

No they weren't. When they were in liverpool they popped pills and slept with a lot of girls. They also drank fairly heavily.

edit: Pumpkins_Rule beat me to it.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by ninja dude

It was Julian Lennon that drew the pic (aka Johns kid)...
Somebody doesnt know there Beatles history
Quote by Jack Off Jill
No they weren't. When they were in liverpool they popped pills and slept with a lot of girls. They also drank fairly heavily.

edit: Pumpkins_Rule beat me to it.

well i knew hey tok uppers but i meant their public image was squeaky clean.
Quote by highway62
well i knew hey tok uppers but i meant their public image was squeaky clean.

In that case, their image didn't really stop being squeaky clean until John said what he said about Jesus.
Quote by vintage x metal

Let's not forget they all abused amphetamines in Hamburg before they were even famous.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
Let's not forget they all abused amphetamines in Hamburg before they were even famous.

We already brought that up.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
In that case, their image didn't really stop being squeaky clean until John said what he said about Jesus.

You like to argue aye?

when was the bigger than jesus comment? 65 wasnt it? Thats about the time the beatles startd ingesting tons of drugs.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
We already brought that up.

Yeah, I went back and read the thread better after posting. I need to be better about reading the whole thread instead of the first couple and last couple posts before saying anything.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by highway62
You like to argue aye?

when was the bigger than jesus comment? 65 wasnt it? Thats about the time the beatles startd ingesting tons of drugs.

Eh, I'm merely saying that the smudge on their image had more to do with things like that than their drug use. They were still trying to keep it on the DL.
Quote by vintage x metal