on something simple say if i was just to pay an exercise like this

-------------------------------------1234-2345---------
------------------------------1234---------------2345-
-----------------------1234-----------------------------2345-----------
----------------1234-----------------------------
---------1234-------------------------------------
-1234-------------------------------------------

what are some techniques to mute out the sounds the strings make after you play them like after i move down to the a string there will be just a slight leftover from when i let go of the e string, get it? its not much noise but its there
yeah i know wat u mean it bothered me like crazy for the longest tiem and then my friend was all " use your palm" so literally keep your palm on the string below the one your playing like with sweep picking. it might change the picking style a bit tho. it did to me but i prefer it this wya it sounds way cleaner i like it hope that helped and wasnt too confusing.
oh also u should practice this by just playing scales realli slowly and then goign quicker. doesnt have to be perfect btw lol obviously
yeah like he said use ur palm. Also when u lift off the strings do it very light, because when u lift u hand of the fretboard to much u loose speed. It takes some practice but i palm when i'm playing next to the same strings and fast, but when i skipping i use both. practice it will come
LOL
Quote by xxthermadorrrxx
yeah i know wat u mean it bothered me like crazy for the longest tiem and then my friend was all " use your palm" so literally keep your palm on the string below the one your playing like with sweep picking. it might change the picking style a bit tho. it did to me but i prefer it this wya it sounds way cleaner i like it hope that helped and wasnt too confusing.

You mean keep your palm on kind of like a palm mute? (so the strings are just deadened a little bit, and dont ring like an open string)

yeah like he said use ur palm. Also when u lift off the strings do it very light, because when u lift u hand of the fretboard to much u loose speed. It takes some practice but i palm when i'm playing next to the same strings and fast, but when i skipping i use both. practice it will come

what do you mean you use both?
yes i get there is a search bar, i dont understand what the whole palm technique is, is it like palm muting where all the string will just be slightly deadened or is this another different technique